two radar map suggestions...

ok my first radar map suggestion is…

to have a small section on the WW window that will display a small

moveing map of your selected wheather locashion…

it would be about 320 x 260… and when you click on it…

you git the bigger map in a seprite window…

my seciond suggestion…is for a new map locashion…

i have noticed in ALL wheather programes…

when you tell it to look at indoniesa…

you never see the entire contry…

you always see the top part no matter what indoniesan city you select…

i would like to see a radar map of the entire contry of indoniesa

from sumatra to bali…and once more ide like it to be anamated…

well thats all i have for now…

let me know what you think :slight_smile:

You could add such a map to the Weather Watcher map list using the Weather Watcher Map Manager. Check out the following link for more information about the Weather Watcher Map Manager:

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1176

well ive knowen about the make your own maps stuff…

but i cant find any site or prog that has full map wheather data for the entire contry of indoniesa…

thay all just have sumatra…

evian the azy maps cut indo off… :-s

if you could point me to a site that has the wheather day covering the entire contry of indoniesa i could do the rest myself ty :slight_smile:

umm what do you think of the small wheather radar intagrated into the program ?

This is the reason that the international maps are quite limited in Weather Watcher. I haven’t been able to find a website that has a good collection of international maps.

The hardest part would be trying to find an area to place the map on the Weather Watcher window. As it is right now, there really isn’t much extra space.

LOL ok ic…

umm actuly technicaly there is…

if you make it about the size of the gadges and place it below the berametric preshure…

or you could make a small dont or spot benith the gadges were you could hover over or click on and the map would pop up…

This work for you?

http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMa … Start=true

unforchanitly thats a flash map…

and WW rejected it LOL…

but thaks for the try :slight_smile:

I have a similar map in my WW MapsHistory.ww file. And WW does display it. I don’t think I manually added it but maybe I did.

Open your MapsHistory.ww file, you can open it in Notepad, and add this line to the top of the list:

"[Mine/Indonesia Radar] TWC - Animated Radar","http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMain.swf?lat=-6.817353&long=121.772461&viewPortWidth=640&viewPortHeight=390&initialWeatherLayerType=radar&initialZoomLevel=7&wxAnimateOnStart=true"

Save the file and recycle WW. When you restart WW you should be able to RIGHT click on the WW icon then Map History then select it.

hth

i cannot find the mapshistory file you spesafiyed…

:frowning:

Depending on what version of WW you are using MapsHistory.ww is in
C:\Documents and Settings[i]userid[/i]\Application Data\WeatherWatcher
or
c:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\

fod the file…

edated it with the code…

still the same result after i restarted WW

scrip error and nothing showing up on the map

That MapsHistory line is suppose to be all on a single line in the file. The forum window is wrapping it. Did you add it as a single line? If not it could explain the error you’re getting.

i added it at the bottome of all the strings

and im gitting the ie scrip error stuff

were it says there was an issue running scripts on this page…

i select yes

and still just a blank window appears

Do you have Javascripting enabled in IE?

ie is uninstalled…

and all refrinces to it has been completly removed from my system…

yet the map works just fine under FF

mabe mike should consider writeing in both

irregurdles witch is more widely written for…

and i have IE tab installed so i can git windows updates

hmmmm Not sure what can be done then.

If you open Windows Control Panel do you see the Network and Internet Connections applet? If so use it to change your Internet connection to enable Scripting, it’s on the Advanced tab, then see if the map works in WW.

hth

I have the same scrip error with flash maps although IE opens links containing these maps without any problems.
Check out the screenshot.

http://www.postimage.org/aVw4AJ.jpg

the script errors are in WW not ie…

why would you open a map in your web browser ???

lot less of a pain to open it in the prog -.-

May be I wasn’t clear… flash maps don’t work in my WW, I get a script error shown above so I tried to open the same link with IE to find out if it works at all.
It looks like it does work fine and I hope that EdP will be able to tell us how to fix this script error stuff.

Thank you redhotpaprika, now I understand the problem.

Unfortunately I don’t understand why you are having the problem. :???: There is no scripting in that URL, it goes straight to a .swf file. And with the MapsHistory entry that I posted I do not get the error you’re seeing. I’m running Windows Xp Sp2 plus all updates and WW 5.6.25.

You do have the quote mark at the end of the URL yes?

Mike do you get the error also with the posted entry? :-s