two radar map suggestions...

well actuly it dose have scripting in it…

.swf is a type of flash file…

and flash uses scripts to render things…

and i guss WW wasent built with flash and java and stuff like that in mind…

mabe mike can build flash and java into ww live :smiley:

Not Javascripting. And even if it was it’s immaterial to the problem. redhotpaprika gets the error in WW but not in IE and WW uses the IE engine for it’s windows.

Yes, I do see the same error message when I attempt to open that map via the Weather Watcher map viewer (using IE7). It doesn’t look like the Microsoft web browser control plays nicely with Flash pages.

The following Weather Watcher build should resolve this issue:
Download Weather Watcher 5.6.25c

Also, the following map will display the TWC map for the city that is currently selected in Weather Watcher:

http://image.weather.com/web/flash/FMMain.swf?lat=[LATITUDE]&long=[LONGITUDE]&viewPortWidth=900&viewPortHeight=480&initialWeatherLayerType=radar&initialZoomLevel=5&wxAnimateOnStart=true

i dident say it was java scripting…

i said flash usese script…

just like java uses script -.-…

and the resion for the error is the WW dosent support scripting…

but IE dose -.-

That is not entirely true – see the above post :icon_smile:

ok then kool ty for the update…

kinda off topic…

dose this build also help with the error in the other tread?

or is that still being figured out?

I believe that issue is related to your specific Windows install. Other than installing the latest Windows updates, I’m not sure what else to tell you to try.

well the map is working witch im happy about…

there are sevrial link errors at the end of the install though…

i dont think its my install…

given that i HAVE been gitting the error that the WW downloader needs to close since the may relice…

and i have installed windows countless times since then…and i have all the latest updates…

this would be a bedder programe then the FF extechion foxcast…

but with this error i mutch rather prefer foxcast…

i only hope that you will actuly make the effort to reproduse this bug and find out why its happening…

and make the effort to elimanate it in WW live

Thanks Mike. :thumbright:

Does this version’s Map Manager support the adding of .swf map URLs too? 8-[

Yes – all .SWF maps should now open properly.

Yup, they open ok and they can finally be added normally using Map Manager. :thumbright: And the Names can start with a special character and thus sort to the top of the list. Nice job Mike. :icon_smile:

Sure would be nice if there were a link to the Map Manager from one of the Options window’s tabs. :roll:

Just for the record, Java script is not the same as Javascript or Jscript, and the latter are the only types of scripting IE is concerned with. Thus whatever type of scripting Flash uses, unless it’s Javascript or Jscript, it is irrelevent as far as IE is concerned and thus WW.

i was point out that thay both use scrip dumb ass…-.-

git some commen sence and you would of relised that…

i was pointing out that WW couldent handle script till the update…

witch was pretty dam usless might i add…

bc it dident fix any true issues wit the programe…

im gunna stick with forcast fox for fire fox…aglest that prog actuly works and is properly tested and supported…

Thank you so much, Mike!
The map works flawlessly now :thumbright:

And you should get a spellchecker. :iconbiggrin: :lol: :razz:

I still find it quite odd that you are the only Weather Watcher user to report an issue with DL.EXE crashing on a consistent basis for months on end. To make the matter even worse, it’s kind of frustrating to attempt to offer help when you continue to insult those who are trying to help :neutral:

Shouldn’t this be here: Weather Watcher Unofficial & Old Releases?

I got the information!!
Excellent information.Many thanks! :lol: