Tray Icon single left click open WWL doesn't respond

Got it. We can try some test builds this week to see if it’s possible to work around this issue. I’ll post here when ready.

Chunker, please try installing this build over top of your existing Weather Watcher Live install:

https://www.box.com/s/5f14544be9484bb3414e

Sorry Mike, can’t even get that one to work at all. It installed but when I try to run it, the screen opens and the weather tries to load but stops and hangs a little over 50 percent on the bar. The only way out is to open task manager and shut it down. Went back to 7143.

Can you try installing it again to see if the same thing happens?

Tried it again and it is exactly as it is when I tried the first time. Starts and hangs with the weather loading a little over 50 percent on the bar. On the first attempt earlier, I tried opening it about 3 times and it failed every time. Rolled back to 7143 and no problem. On this attempt I even did a reboot before trying to run it, very same response as the first attempt. Again I’ve gone back to 7143 and it installed and loaded perfectly as it did previously.

Chunker, here is a new build to try. This one should resolve the freezing issue on startup.

https://www.box.com/s/bc70ec7cf853aea54959

Went ahead downloaded and installed the new build. Yes, it installed this time and runs ok. However, the systray icon highlighting persists. And if I have one click turned on, wwl opens when I open other programs from the systray. I don’t see any real change from the original problem. Gonna roll back to 7143. Guess I’m ok with that one as long as I have the 1 and 2 clicks options turned off. Right click works fine and I’m able to access all the choices from there. Also I have the desktop icon keyed to a numeric value on my keyboard and can 1 key open the program. I just have to remember not to click on the systray icon. And if I do and see it highlighted, a right click will remove the highlight. Being on 7143 will allow me to update with everybody else when you come out with a new build. Thanks for trying.

Forgot to mention that if I don’t use the custom tip, “everything” including the 1 and 2 click options work fine with the standard windows tip. But I do like the custom one a lot better so that’s how I’m running. This dang problem seems to only exist when utilizing the custom tip.

Chunker, I finally found a Windows 7 computer where I could reproduce this issue. Here are the steps I followed:

1) In the “Tray Icon” section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window, set “Left Single-Click Action” to “Open Weather Watcher Live” and “Left Double-Click Action” to “No Action”.

2) Point the mouse at the Weather Watcher Live tray icon and wait for the tooltip window to appear.

3) Left click the Weather Watcher Live tray icon.

Observation: The tooltip window closes.
Observation: The main Weather Watcher Live window opens.

4) Click the “X” at the top, right corner to close the main Weather Watcher Live window.

5) Right click a different tray icon.

Observation: The main Weather Watcher Live window opens.

6) Right click the same tray icon again (since nothing happened on the last click).

Observation: The program window for the clicked tray icon opens.
Observation: The Weather Watcher Live tray icon is now highlighted.

I should be able to resolve this issue now that I can reproduce it. I’ll let you know when I have a new build ready for you to try.

Thank you for still looking for a solution to my problem. Maybe this is just a quirk on some HP Windows 7 machines? I’d be happy to give anything you come up with a chance. Thanks again@

I don’t think it’s due to the type of machine. It works fine on all of my HP machines, but does not work on only one of my Dell machines.

This build should resolve the issue:
https://www.box.com/s/043ea3902337f1c3064a

I can’t believe it, success!!! It finally works, no highlighting, one right click closes the pop up and opens wwl. Plus the icon doesn’t stay highlighted and I can open the other programs without wwl opening. Thanks so much Mike, you put a lot of work into fixing it for me. :icon_smile:

Thanks for your help too :icon_smile: