Tray Icon single left click open WWL doesn't respond

What happens if you go back to the previous release?

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=4239

Well, I’ve rolled back to the previous build and most of the problem persists. I don’t think I really noticed it before due to the fact I never utilized the one click feature. So now I have that turned off, and have the two click turned on. When I highlight WWL it seems I have to click a few times before it opens. But the highlight remains until I manually right click and turn it off. Whether the highlighting is off or on, clicking on the other icons doesn’t open wwl. Can’t figure it out and don’t really know when this started?

Ok, withe the previous build it seems to work fine using the two click option. When I get to the icon the conditions pop up. It takes two clicks to shut that off. The icon is highlighted. Two more clicks opens wwl. Close wwl and the highlight is gone and I can run my other icons properly without wwl coming back on. I guess that is the way I was running it up to when I tried the one click. This is beginning to be one perplexing mess!!!

To carry it just a little further, I turned off two click and turned on 1 click. It now works as it should??? I fist have to give 2 clicks to turn off the conditions popup and then 1 click to open wwl. Then after I exit it is “no” highlighted" and I can run any of my other icons. But this is on the older build and not the newer one.

What happens in the new build with this setup?

I’ll give it a try. One question though to give me after you hear back from me how it works, does the conditions pop up stay on with no time limit as long as you have your cursor over the icon? It seems kind of funny that I have to do two clicks to shut if off and then 1 click to open WWL??? I’ll go and do the new build now and let you know shortly.

I fixed this issue in version 7.1.43. A single right-click should open the tray menu. A single/double left-click should do whatever is setup in the “Tray Icon” section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.

I see that now, I kept the same options from the old version, never changed anything. One click now shuts off the popup and opens WWL. However the highlight is back on and everything runs with the same problem of wwl opening when I use the other icons and the wwl icon stays highlighted. Could it be something in that fix to shut off the popup? It sure beats me. I’m gonna roll back to the old version until I hear you have something figured out. I even downloaded a new copy of 7143 in case mine was corrupted.

Ok, back to version 7139. All seems to work well using 1 click. Now to lose the popup, two clicks and then 1 click opens wwl. The highlighting is gone and I can now use the other icons to check mail, pc volume, av, etc. All in all it works as I was accustomed to. The second build of 7143 didn’t seem to do anything for me either so I’ll sit and wait. If you need me to test some more just give a holler.

It seems the issues are the same in both builds. The difference in rolling back to the older build is that it requires you to click on the tray icon a few times more than you should need to. The extra clicks somehow resolves the highlighting issue.

I’m still thinking this is an issue with Windows. If it was an issue with Weather Watcher Live, then you’d think every Windows 7 user would see it.

I completely agree with you. But where the heck can we go to resolve this issue? I’m back to 7139 now and it works ok again except for those two extra clicks to turn of the conditions popup. The site that I downloaded the bat from talks about notification icons may be corrupted or not operating properly. The bat he has deletes all the icons via shutting out two registry keys. Then on reboot windows adds back those two keys and then rebuilding occurs. As each program comes up you choose what you want the icon to do. Here is the link in case you want to see it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/13 … reset.html

I’ve done that with hopes it would repair my end if something was wrong. But it seems windows still doesn’t like your new version (At least my copy of windows 7) For me maybe a “timeout” feature would be better than the click out version? You know like an option to choose how long the pop up should stay open. But hey, I’m not expecting anything like that for just one single user. I was hoping that more would have the same issue as I do but it doesn’t seem like it does or you’d be hearing about it. The best bet for me right now is to just stay with 7139 and do a couple of extra clicks. At least it doesn’t not let me use my other icons. Don’t know what else to say???

I’m not sure the popup has anything to do with the problem. To test that idea out, try turning it off by enabling the “Use standard Windows tooltip” box in the “Tray Icon” → “Tooltip” section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window.

Well, I did just gave it a try. You don’t get the fancy tool tip, and just a standard windows tool tip, but it does time out in about 10 seconds. Then the single click opens WWL. Kind of what I was suggesting using your fancy tool tip. If it automatically shut off in so many seconds, then all would be well. To tell the truth it surprised me to see that it does work.

Also you don’t even have to wait for the condition tool tip to time out. A single click at any time closes it and opens wwl.

Just went back and forth between the two tool tips and the standard works perfectly while if I use your custom tool tip, you have to double click to get it to close and then single click. With the windows one you can single click anytime and wwl opens. But the big question is why on my machine and nobody else???

Using which version of Weather Watcher Live?

I’m running the old 7139. Works like a charm with the windows standard tool tip. “Everything” works but without the fancy wwl custom tool tip.

And I’m one step ahead of you. Just converted to the new 7143 and “it also works if I use the windows 7 standard tool tip!” I can wait 10 secs for it to time out or just click while it is up and wwl opens with none of the highlighting. It I revert to the custom tool tip, the problem returns. Again, why just my machine???

So, with 7.1.43, the problem only occurs when left-clicking the tray icon while the custom tooltip is visible? Or does right-clicking cause the same problems when the custom tooltip is visible?

The problem only exists when using the custom tool tip and with a left click. A right click is ok. On the left click, the custom tool tip closes and wwl starts. But now the icon highlight problem exists. And since I have 1 click on, when the icon is highlighted, clicking on the other icons will open wwl. Using the new version, no problem if I stay away from the custom tool tip.