Opera WM 9.5 beta trash (tries to handle) WWM display (yuck)

This link gives me WWM1012.

Do the later versions also include this fix?
I would love to be able to use this program on my Touch Pro.

bTaryag, the latest version does include this fix. However, it seems some people are still having trouble with the latest version.

The fix works on my XV6800. I have not tested it on any other devices.

Ok thanks. Unfortunately on my HTC Touch Pro it’s not working - Opera still steals the display. Bummer!

bTaryag, what do your registry settings look like? Please see the posts above for the affected registry settings.

I have
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera\Default
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.html\Default

I don’t have
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore\Default

I have same problem. I have uninstalled Opera. I prefer this app over Opera. Also I uninstalled ver 17 and installed ver 12. But I still see the same screen as shown in above post. I have scroll way to the right to see the right side of the screen. Is this related to some reg setting which is making browser to render in ‘desktop’ mode instead of ‘mobile’ mode ?

Any suggestions/tips ?

Thanks

I have same problem. I used to have Opera 9.5 beta. But I uninstalled opera. I will prefer weather watcher over Opera 9.5. But I do have Iris Browser. My default browser is IE and any html file if clicked, opens in IE.

I still have the problem shown in image above. I have to scroll all the way to right, to see the right side of the screen. It used to work fine, but something happend when I installed some apps including opera mobile. But I have uninstalled opera since then. It looks like the weather display is being opened in ‘Desktop’ mode , rather than ‘Mobile’ mode. May be this is clue to the problem. I changed back to ver 12 but same problem
exists.

If any kind of logs can help in debugging this, let me know how to generate logs and I will generate and uploade.

Thanks. I love apps, but now getting frustrated.

Finally I have found the solution to this problem.

The problem is in PIE 6 (Beta) which is available in some of the newer ROMs.

Just change following registry entries and you will get your display back.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Height
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Width

By default they are 1024 and 768. Change those to size of your screen and problem solved.

BTW: I have posted here three messages earlier but none of those appreared. Not sure if I am doing some thing wrong.

Singer, after reg update hourly, daily, current pages are working fine. But the map page is not showning map. Looks like you will need to test the Javascript for map page in PIE 6. opened the file [file://localhost/Program](file://localhost/Program) Files/Weather Watcher/Skins/Forecasts/Splendid/USXXXX/map.html in IRIS browser. Even then the map didn’t show up. I then tried map.html in PIE, still no maps. Only a small empy 210x210 box in upper left corner.

tasi, please email your map.html file to me at [email protected].

Copied and pasted map.html in your pm. More over you may want to delete your email here, otherwise bots will pick up your email address and bombard you with spam.

The HTML seems to be valid. Did you notice this problem when using other locations?

You should check out gmail – they have great spam filtering.

Yes, it appears with other locations as well. Yes the HTML seems to be fine. I am sure the problem is in browser. The map shows up in iris browser, but not in i.e. All other pages show up fine in both browser.

With regard to registry hacking to get newer WM phones that have Opera as the default, and all the registry tree cloning…

At least on my device (HTC Diamond), rather than building a new registry tree called _html_iexplore by cloning _htmlfile_Opera, and following those four steps, only one step appears to be needed, that is…

1. Change HKCR.html\Default to have the value “wmlfile” (without quotes).

although you may wish to first check to see that the wmlfile entry conforms to what you want (it should look like the proposed _html_iexplore entry, with iexplore.exe file:%1 as the shell command).