Opera WM 9.5 beta trash (tries to handle) WWM display (yuck)

Oh you have no idea! Thank you so much; it works perfectly!

Great, this worked perfectly! Good to know also that there is a more maintable way of doing this sort of registry hack. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip, but I’m a little lost. I use Total Commander, but am relatively inexperienced with it (as you see).

I couldn’t get to first base here.

Step 1 says:1) Clone the HKCR_html_Opera subtree to a new subtree named _html_iexplore (this is really easy in Total Commander’s registry editor, I don’t know about others).

Where do I find the “HKCR_html_Opera” subtree? I am in the registry, and then get to the HKCR directory, but don’t find anything such as “_html_Opera” there. I see a directory labeled “_htmlfile_Opera”, but that’s not it. And then once I find it, how do I clone it? Does that mean just copy and paste it somewhere as the newly named _html_iexplore?

Thanks for your patience and help.

Actually, that “directory” is the “subtree” I was referring to.

So, to expand the steps that I abbreviated as “cloning”, using Total Commander:

1. Navigate to \\registry\HKCR.

2. Tap-and-hold on the name _html_Opera and tap on Copy/Move in the pop-up menu.

3. In the resulting dialog, replace the . in the text box with _html_iexplore, i.e., the line should read

\\registry\HKCR_html_iexplore

and tap the Copy button.

Bingo, you’re done cloning. :wink: You can then proceed to the rest of the steps in the process.

Thanks! Works perfectly.

The following Weather Watcher Mobile build includes the above registry changes:
http://www.box.net/shared/static/lsi7xhq6jx.CAB

Has anyone tried the Weather Watcher Mobile build in my post above? I’ve heard from a few people that it does not work. It seems to work okay on my phone, so I’m wondering if the registry keys are different on other phones.

For anyone that is experiencing this problem after installing this new Weather Watcher Mobile build, please confirm if you have the following registry keys:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\_htmlfile_Opera\Default HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\_htmlfile_iexplore\Default HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.html\Default

If you need a registry editor, I recommend RegEditCe 1.2:
http://www.soft32.com/Download/free-trial/Remote_Registry_Editor/4-158680-1.html

I have an HTC Advantage X7510 and had the same Opera issue. I installed Opera Beta 9.5.1b1 and that solved my issue. I had a Chinese version of Opera anyway so this took care of two problems.

I stayed away from the registry hacks as I am not that comfortable using them yet.

Thanks all for your help.

rsilvia

I have an HTC Touch Pro with Opera in the ROM and also I installed a newer version of Opera.

I ran the newest cab today and it did create those entries, but I don’t think WWM is working.

On my old phone, it looked great. On this phone, everything is real small and it takes forever for the pages to come up.

I think it’s still using Opera, but how can I know for sure? Regardless of whether opera is set as the default browser or not, WWM looks the same to me.

I really like this program.

Any further progress?

lexluthor, can you post a screenshot? It would be interesting to see how Weather Watcher Mobile responds if you uninstall Opera.

Here. Is this how it should look it I was using PIE? How can I tell if it’s using PIE or Opera?

I remember it looking much better on my other phone.

Also, it takes like 30 seconds for this screen to appear on this version.

Thoughts?
http://www.postimage.org/Pq1KfnPA.jpg

That’s a little different from what I saw with the built-in Opera version on my Fuze, but I’m pretty sure that’s Opera – the wide screen (as reflected in the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom) is exactly what I saw on mine, and the long delay to open certainly sounds like Opera. The difference is that this appears to be Opera running inside the WWM window, while the built-in version on my Fuze opened a new window instead of rendering inside the WWM window (I guess they fixed that in one of the intervening updates).

With the registry tweak to associate .html files with PIE, there’s no horizontal scroll bar, and the high/low, humidity, and probability of precipitation are visible on the right side.

So then the registry tweak (that I guess ran when I installed this latest version) didn’t work?

I’d very much like to get this working right again.

Even though it looks bad on my screen as it is now, the bigger issue is the huge delay. It’s not usable as it is now.

lexluthor, what is in the three registry keys from my post above?

This what you are looking for? Are they correct?

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT.html]
@=“_htmlfile_iexplore”
“Content Type”=“text/html”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore]
@=“HTML Document”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore\Shell\Open\Command]
@=“iexplore.exe file:%1”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_iexplore\DefaultIcon]
@=“iexplore.exe,-1003”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera]
@=“HTML Document”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera\DefaultIcon]
@=“\Windows\OperaL.exe,-131”

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera\Shell]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera\Shell\Open]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT_htmlfile_Opera\Shell\Open\Command]
@=“"\Windows\OperaL.exe" /Unescaped file:%1”

lexluthor, those keys look okay to me. Did you try uninstalling Opera yet?

No, I don’t think I’m going to do that. It’ll be a pain. I have it all set up nicely. I do NOT have Opera checked off as my default browser. Even if I do that, the ROM Opera is still there.

Also, I’m 99% sure I saw the same thing before I installed this Opera. I only put this on a few days ago, so pretty sure uninstalling won’t matter.

There’s got to be a way to figure this out.

Ok. I uninstalled the Opera that I had installed and I get the exact same results.

It’s probably still trying to use the Opera built into the ROM (which I have no (easy) way to remove).

Any ideas?

Just wanted to say thanks for Weather Watcher, it’s a great application. And thanks to the person who found the registry edits. It’s now working on my Touch Pro!

Thanks for this solution! It seems to work just fine (as long as you aren’t launching .html files locally.)

Didn’t a previous release of Weather Watcher specifically fix this bug? Did something change in a recent release?

Jason