Moon phases for Southern hemisphere

It sounds like you have something running or set to block cookies. Allow cookies to be saved, setup WW the way you want, then reset your sw to block cookies again.

BTW

Once you get your system setup the way you want you should back it up, so that recovery takes less time the next time. And yes, there is always a “next time”.

RunTime’s Drive Image XML (http://www.runtime.org/dixml.htm) works and is free. Give it a shot.

Thnx EdP I’ll try and work out what’s happening. And thnx also for the suggestion about Drive Image XML. I’ve already downloaded it and will have a go at doing a backup with it over the next few days.

Thnx again, I’ve already said this b4… I really appreciate the help that you and Flugger have given me!

Cheers,
Charles

OK! I think I’ve found what’s happening. I use an IE wraparound called “SlimBrowser” which allows me to clean all my Cookies when I exit it. If I reset this option, the moon icons setup is not altered. When I set the option, however, it always resets the moon icon settings. It doesn’t matter whether I set up WW the way I like it after I allow Cookies to be saved, as as soon as I set the option to clean Cookies in SlimBrowser again, the next time I launch WW, the moon icons settings are reset. :sad:

The only option that I have it seems is to NOT clean Cookies when I exit SlimBrowser. Can you think of another workaround? Can I set the skin Cookie as read-only so it won’t be deleted?

Cheers,
Charles

You have to decide what’s more important to you. Deleting cookies and loosing settings to many websites including WW or leaving the harmless cookies and having WW work fine for you.

I rarely worry about cookies, either IE or Netscape ones. They are small text files, they don’t execute and I have a large hd. In fact I value the convenience of my cookies and I backup my Netscape ones periodically along with my bookmarks and addressbook. Having to reconfig my favorite webpages is a royal pain so once I get a page set the way I want I backup the cookies. This has saved me much aggravation on several occasions. I even have an IE cookie backed up.

Would making it Read Only work is a good question. Easy enough to try. :icon_smile: Sort your Cookies folder by descending date and the WW one should be near the top.

There are two aspects to consider with backups; 1) how convenient is it to run and 2) how do you do a restore.

If the backup is too time consuming, manpower time not pc time, it won’t get done as often as it should.

If there is no way to restore the backup if the system won’t boot or the restore won’t allow you to restore the booted partition it looses alot of usefulness.

There are ways to overcome limitations and they are best found and tested before they are required. :icon_smile: :thumbright: