Marmol 2

New skin
Forecast only
To install extract the archives in the folder “/Weather Watcher/Skins/Forecasts”

http://ar.geocities.com/barba_roar/ww/Marmol20En.zip

Nuevo skin
Solo Pron?stico
Para instalarlo extraer los archivos en la carpeta “/Weather Watcher/Skins/Forecasts”
http://ar.geocities.com/barba_roar/ww/Marmol20Es.zip

:shock: Well that’s a different approach!!

Thanks barba. :icon_smile:

(BTW If one renames the .zip file to be .wws, the Weather Watcher Install Wizard will install it to the proper WW folder. :wink: )

GREAT JOB!!! :thumbright:

I changed the background color in Style.css (line 2) and changed the border colors to brown.

I centered the temperature on the bulb of the thermometer.

I fixed the Options window so it wouldn’t block the moon phases.

I centered the word “Current” to the current conditions

The word “Wind” on the main screen was in all lowercase and I corrected that.

Various typos corrected.

Check it out!

http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/7407/marmol2im8.th.gif

Click on the thumbnail for full size.

Download it at http://webpages.charter.net/david1970/marmol2.wws

In that last picture, there is a bug.

When the forecast description is too long (such as “Clouds Early / Clearing Late”), it throws everything off.

David

I see that. I also see Current in mixed case and TONIGHT and TOMORROW all in caps. :razz:

Note: The Current forecast includes the Wind icon. Moving the title to the left leaves the wind indicator hanging in the wind. :???:

For the forecast problem you can test for the length of the tags and then either truncate it when it’s longer than a certain number of characters or reduce its font size or both.

The mixed cast titles are for current data, while the uppercase titles are for forecast data. I tried putting everything in uppercase, but it was like screaming to the user.

As for the forecast problem, the solution is far beyond my knowledge of HTML, so I leave that to you and Barba.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1549/marmol4yd0.th.gif

UPDATE I decided to place “Current” and “Wind” in all caps.

In addition to the “long forecast” bug, we have the mouseover bug at the daily forecast screen.

After midnight local time to 3AM, the mouseover for the first day does not work and you only get the night forecast for the second day.

Here’s the bug at work:

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8638/marmol4el5.th.gif

UPDATE It seems the bug only affects North, Central, and South America…could this be a problem with weather.com? The bug only seems to appear when weather.com from midnight till 3 AM fills all the values except for the day’s high. Again, this only happens in the Americas.

I reduced the font in style.css for the current and forecast conditions so they fit in nicely.

Here’s an example:

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3458/marmol5eq9.th.gif

As for the mousover problem, it starts at midnight my time (I live in Virginia) and affects every city from the Atlantic time zone to the International Dateline. For example, American Samoa and Hawaii is affected, but not New Zealand. It goes away at 3AM my time.

You can download my version of the Marmol skin at
http://webpages.charter.net/david1970/marmol2.wws

Another possibility, edit the text replacing select character strings with others. For example, replace “and” with “&” or “/”.

The CURRENT and WIND headings appear to be larger than the TONIGHT and TOMORROW headings.

The headings are fixed, but I don’t know how to put “&” or “/” in the forecast string…that’s beyond my knowledge of HTML.

What do you think is the cause of the mouseover bug?

David

Look for a little Javascript code. It’s used it in the Stone soup skin.

document.body.innerHTML=document.body.innerHTML.replace('Wind/N/A.gif"> ','Wind/N/A.gif">')[/code][code]EdsTemp = EdsTemp.replace('F/','F<br>');

Inconsistent data and no code to compensate combined with no means to use fixed test data and an inconvenient time for live data. :lol:

Addendum

Personally I don’t understand why a version of DL.EXE can’t be developed that reads it’s data from a text file stored on the hd and passes it to WW.EXE rather than reading data from weather.com. It would make testing all aspects of WW so much easier for everyone.

Ed, can you restate your explanation of the mouseover problem in real English…your explanation went totally over my head. It’s mysterious why weather.com fills in the values (except for the high) for the afternoon of the first day from midnight to 3AM, but only for this side of the earth.

I also replace the image for sunny. My folder is called Daves Marmol2 so it won’t overwrite Barba’s version.

http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2097/marmol6tg6.th.gif

David

Good grief. :lol:

Inconsistent data (weather.com is not providing a consistent data format 24x7) and no code to compensate (weather.com should fix their program coding to correct the data format problem or the WW skins should add code to handle the inconsistent weather.com data to present a consistent window format to it’s users 24x7) combined with no means to use fixed test data (the only way to test WW skin changes is via the WW Update button but the data coming from weather.com may change and not be in the format that is causing the problem the code is trying to fix) and an inconvenient time for live data (the problem before us occurs between midnight and 3:00AM which is when some of us sleep!!).

That better? :iconbiggrin:

You’re learning “Grasshopper”. (And if you don’t know what that means you may have to ask your mom. Or Grandma. :lol: )

And since your version is now unique maybe it’s discussion should move to your thread. :wink:

fixed some errors
to install renames the .zip file to be .wws, the Weather Watcher Install Wizard will install it to the proper WW folder.(tks EdP)
geocities it does not allow .wws files

Corregido algunos errores
Para instalarlo cambiar la extensi?n .zip por .wws y ejecutarlo, el skin se instalara en la carpeta correspondiente.
geocities no permite archivos .wws

hugs / un abrazo
Barba

Barba,

The wooden tiles at the bottom of the skin are too dark. The numbers are hard to read against that dark background. Try to lighten the color of the tiles.

David

fixed, dowload again
For my the black is the best color, if somebody wants to change to modify it the file style.css item “Estilo8” and “Estilo9”

example / ejemplo

.Estilo8 {font-size: 12px;color: #000000;font-weight: bold;} (black color / color negro)

.Estilo8 {font-size: 12px;color: #FFFFFF;font-weight: bold;} (white color / color blanco)

.Estilo8 {font-size: 12px;color: #0000FF;font-weight: bold;} (blue color / color az?l)

corregido bajarlo nuevamente.
Para mi el negro es el mejor color, si alguien quiere cambiarlo modificar el archivo style.css item “estilo8” y “estilo9”

Hugs :thumbright:

I made the font of the text on the wooden tiles white and increased the font size.

I centered the temperature on the bulb of the thermometer.

I fixed the Options window so it wouldn’t block the moon phases.

I centered the word “Current” to the current conditions

I replaced the graphic of “Sunny”.

Various typos corrected

Check it out!

Click for full size:

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2334/marmol6qp7.th.gif

You can download it at

I put everything in a folder called “Daves Marmol 2” so it won’t overwrite Barba’s version.

David

Ed and Barba,

It looks like the conditions under “Current” shrink fonts if the string is greater than 20.

However, it does not do the same with the forecast conditions (Today, Tonight and Tomorrow) when they are greater than 20.

Can you take a look at the code and tell me what’s wrong?

David

I looked at the Daily forecast bug in the Stone Soup skin. It’s not what you think. The forecast for the 2nd day is actually the 1st day’s Night forecast. What’s wrong are the Day and the Date values assigned to the forecast. I suspect the same is true for all versions of the Daily forecast skins.

If you look at the html code for this Wednesday evening 1:11 AM time period it becomes clearer. //************************************ //* Get all detailed forecast data * //************************************ var day1 = "Thursday Night"; var day2 = "Friday"; var day3 = "Friday Night"; var day4 = "Saturday"; var day5 = "Sunday"; var day6 = "Monday"; var day7 = "Tuesday"; var day8 = "Wednesday"; var day9 = "Thursday"; var day10 = "Friday"; var day11 = "Saturday"; var day12 = "Friday"; //************************************* var date1 = "Sep 20"; var date2 = "Sep 21"; var date3 = "Sep 21"; var date4 = "Sep 22"; var date5 = "Sep 23"; var date6 = "Sep 24"; var date7 = "Sep 25"; var date8 = "Sep 26"; var date9 = "Sep 27"; var date10 = "Sep 28"; var date11 = "Sep 29"; var date12 = "Sep 28"; //************************************* var forecast1 = "Generally clear skies. Low 59F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph."; var forecast2 = "Sunny skies. High 78F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph."; var forecast3 = "Clear. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable."; var forecast4 = "More sun than clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s."; var forecast5 = "A few morning showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast6 = "Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast7 = "Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 60s."; var forecast8 = "Partly cloudy, chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s."; var forecast9 = "Occasional showers possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast10 = "Chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast11 = "Sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast12 = "Chance of showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.";
Day1 should be “Wednesday Night” and Date1 should be “Sep 19”.

I’m not sure if the problem lies in the WW tags used or the weather.com data feed.

WW tags //************************************ //* Get all detailed forecast data * //************************************ var day1 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=1][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day2 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=2][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day3 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=3][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day4 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=4][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day5 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=5][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day6 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=6][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day7 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=7][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day8 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=8][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day9 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=9][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day10 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=10][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day11 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=11][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var day12 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=12][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; //************************************* var date1 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=1][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date2 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=2][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date3 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=3][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date4 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=4][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date5 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=5][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date6 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=6][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date7 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=7][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date8 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=8][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date9 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=9][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date10 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=10][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date11 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=11][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var date12 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=12][TEMPLATE][DETAILED DATE][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; //************************************* var forecast1 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=1][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast2 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=2][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast3 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=3][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast4 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=4][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast5 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=5][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast6 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=6][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast7 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=7][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast8 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=8][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast9 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=9][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast10 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=10][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast11 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=11][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]"; var forecast12 = "[DETAILED LOOP COUNT=1 START=12][TEMPLATE][DETAILED FORECAST][/TEMPLATE][/DETAILED LOOP]";

Update

And now we know.

The weather.com Daily forecast data:

[code]
9/20/07 1:11 AM EDT

N/A
6:54 AM
7:14 PM

Sunny

N/A
SSW

Sunny

Mostly Clear

N/A
SW

M Clear

6:55 AM
7:12 PM

Sunny

N/A
NW

Sunny

Clear

N/A
ESE

Clear

6:57 AM
7:11 PM

Mostly Sunny

N/A
SSW

M Sunny

Showers Late

N/A
SSW

Shwrs Late

etc.

[/code]

The weather.com Detail forecast data.

<dayd> <lsup>Thursday, September 20, at 1:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time</lsup> <day d="0" t="Thursday" dt="Sep 20"> <part p="n"> <t>Generally clear skies. Low 59F. Winds SW at 5 to 10 mph.</t> </part> </day> <day d="1" t="Friday" dt="Sep 21"> <part p="d"> <t>Sunny skies. High 78F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.</t> </part> <part p="n"> <t>Clear. Low near 55F. Winds light and variable.</t> </part> </day> <day d="2" t="Saturday" dt="Sep 22"> <part p="d"> <t>More sun than clouds. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s.</t> </part> </day>

Good old weather.com.

Not sure what the solution is but the problem is clearer now.

If you look at the html code for this Thursday afternoon 1:05 PM period it becomes clearer. //************************************ //* Get all detailed forecast data * //************************************ var day1 = "Thursday"; var day2 = "Thursday Night"; var day3 = "Friday"; var day4 = "Friday Night"; var day5 = "Saturday"; var day6 = "Sunday"; var day7 = "Monday"; var day8 = "Tuesday"; var day9 = "Wednesday"; var day10 = "Thursday"; var day11 = "Friday"; var day12 = "Saturday"; //************************************* var date1 = "Sep 20"; var date2 = "Sep 20"; var date3 = "Sep 21"; var date4 = "Sep 21"; var date5 = "Sep 22"; var date6 = "Sep 23"; var date7 = "Sep 24"; var date8 = "Sep 25"; var date9 = "Sep 26"; var date10 = "Sep 27"; var date11 = "Sep 28"; var date12 = "Sep 29"; //************************************* var forecast1 = "Sun and clouds mixed. High 78F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph."; var forecast2 = "Mostly clear. Low 57F. Winds light and variable."; var forecast3 = "Plentiful sunshine. Warm. High 84F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph."; var forecast4 = "Mostly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph."; var forecast5 = "Morning showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast6 = "Mainly sunny. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast7 = "Sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s."; var forecast8 = "Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast9 = "Occasional showers possible. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast10 = "Mainly sunny. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast11 = "Sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast12 = "Plenty of sun. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.";

[code]
9/20/07 1:05 PM EDT

Partly Cloudy

N/A
N

P Cloudy

Clear

N/A
ESE

Clear

Mostly Sunny

N/A
SSW

M Sunny

Mostly Clear

N/A
S

M Clear

6:58 AM
7:09 PM

AM Showers

N/A
WSW

AM Showers

Clear

N/A
W

Clear

etc.

[/code]

<dayd> <lsup>Thursday, September 20, at 1:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time</lsup> <day d="0" t="Thursday" dt="Sep 20"> <part p="d"> <t>Sun and clouds mixed. High 78F. Winds N at 5 to 10 mph.</t> </part> <part p="n"> <t>Mostly clear. Low 57F. Winds light and variable.</t> </part> </day> <day d="1" t="Friday" dt="Sep 21"> <part p="d"> <t>Plentiful sunshine. Warm. High 84F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.</t> </part> <part p="n"> <t>Mostly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.</t> </part> </day> <day d="2" t="Saturday" dt="Sep 22"> <part p="d"> <t>Morning showers. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the low 50s.</t> </part> </day>

And finally a look at the html code for this Thursday afternoon 4:05 PM period it becomes clearer. //************************************ //* Get all detailed forecast data * //************************************ var day1 = "Thursday Night"; var day2 = "Friday"; var day3 = "Friday Night"; var day4 = "Saturday"; var day5 = "Sunday"; var day6 = "Monday"; var day7 = "Tuesday"; var day8 = "Wednesday"; var day9 = "Thursday"; var day10 = "Friday"; var day11 = "Saturday"; var day12 = "Saturday"; //************************************* var date1 = "Sep 20"; var date2 = "Sep 21"; var date3 = "Sep 21"; var date4 = "Sep 22"; var date5 = "Sep 23"; var date6 = "Sep 24"; var date7 = "Sep 25"; var date8 = "Sep 26"; var date9 = "Sep 27"; var date10 = "Sep 28"; var date11 = "Sep 29"; var date12 = "Sep 29"; //************************************* var forecast1 = "Mostly clear. Low 57F. Winds light and variable."; var forecast2 = "Sunshine. Warm. High 84F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph."; var forecast3 = "Mainly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph."; var forecast4 = "Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast5 = "Sunshine. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast6 = "Sunshine. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 60s."; var forecast7 = "Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the low 50s."; var forecast8 = "Few showers. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast9 = "Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast10 = "Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast11 = "A few clouds. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s."; var forecast12 = "Plenty of sun. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the upper 40s.";

[code]
9/20/07 4:05 PM EDT

N/A

N/A

N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

N/A
N/A

Clear

N/A
ESE

Clear

Mostly Sunny

N/A
SSW

M Sunny

Mostly Clear

N/A
S

M Clear

6:58 AM
7:09 PM

Partly Cloudy

N/A
WSW

P Cloudy

Clear

N/A
W

Clear

etc.

[/code]

[code]
Thursday, September 20, at 4:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Mostly clear. Low 57F. Winds light and variable.

Sunshine. Warm. High 84F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Mainly clear skies. Low 64F. Winds S at 10 to 15 mph.

Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 80s and lows in the low 50s.

[/code]

fixed it
to install renames the .zip file to be .wws, the Weather Watcher Install Wizard will install it to the proper WW folder.
geocities it does not allow .wws files

Corregido
Para instalarlo cambiar la extensi?n .zip por .wws y ejecutarlo, el skin se instalara en la carpeta correspondiente.
geocities no permite archivos .wws

hugs / un abrazo
Barba