"Ed's" 5.6.x Skins (Interfaces/Forecasts)

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fl?gger[/i]
And anyways, if you wanna use shortcuts, isn't backspace easier? [:p]
Point taken, but then you have to think about the context. If you're in a textfield the behavior changes, and I like consistency. [:D]

'Droid

I like things that work and are easy to remember. Not necessarily in that order. :lol:

Hey, Ed, is the tooltip for alerts still working on your machine? I’ve been meaning to suggest it be added, and after doublechecking the screenshot at the start of this thread I see it’s supposed to be there (or was at one time). All the other tooltips work, including the one for the (A) symbol, but nothing happens when the [u]/![/u] is displayed.

'Droid

@Landroid

hmmmmm If the WW window is the Active window positioning the mouse pointer over the alert icon displays a portion of the actual alert. If the WW window is not the Active window then nothing happens. I’ll have to look at it.

When you simply click/dbl click on the WW Tray icon to open the WW window it does not open as the Active window, as such you have to click somewhere within the window to activate it. I’m not sure whether this is something new with 5.6.7 or if it has always been that way.

However, the main purpose of the presence of the forecast’s Alert icon is to indicate that there is an alert and to click on the interface’s Alert icon/button.

I’m contemplating other ways to indicate the use of the interface alert icon/button. Maybe changing the forecast’s icon or changing the verbage that displays with the mouseover. The latter still requires the WW window to be the active window.

hth

Yeah, unfortunately I think that’s a Windows-standard issue (tooltips only appearing for windows having focus). The only complication with the Weather Watcher window is the lack of visible change with/without focus. I was able to confirm that tooltips work with focus, so it must be triggered differently than the (O), (A) and forecast tooltips. Can it use the same method, or does the fact that the content is based on a variable change its abilities or requirements somehow?

Another UI idea that might be worth looking at is accepting clicks on the [u]/![/u]</font id=“red”> as well. [^]

'Droid

@Landoid

Can it use the same method, or does the fact that the content is based on a variable change its abilities or requirements somehow?

Another UI idea that might be worth looking at is accepting clicks on the [u]/![/u] as well.

I don’t know but it certainly seems possible and what I will look into. If it’s CSS related it may take me a while.

I tried the icon as a live link but didn’t like the look with the underscore that IE adds to links.

@Landoid

The download file has been updated to include the updated Stone Soup Current.wtp file that supports alert summary displays even when Weather Watcher isn’t the Active window. :icon_smile:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
The download file has been updated to include the updated Stone Soup Current.wtp file that supports alert summary displays even when Weather Watcher isn't the Active window.
Kewl! Thanks, Ed! [8D]
quote:
I tried the icon as a live link but didn't like the look with the underscore that IE adds to links.
You mean the image is underlined? [:0] That's weird -- I don't think I've ever seen that in IE.[?]

'Droid

Sorry Landroid that was incorrect. Not underlined, rather a box around the alert image. Yet without the box you wouldn’t know that the image was a link unless you clicked on it. In an IE window the URL would show at the bottom, with the WW window there is no status bar.

There is also the question of what it would link to. Until 5.6.7 there was no access to the alert’s path and even now there are issues with the new Tag.

Editing of the 1st post in this thread is NOT updating the date associated with the thread like the old forum did. :cry:

Hmm… does any forum do that? I think the date should reflect when the post was created… not when it was last updated.

In the old forum they all did. And the column heading is “Last Post” not Create Date".

Now there is no way to tell what’s been updated without signing on. Things that were posted awhile ago are way down the list even if they have been updated recently.

It seems that the new posts are being sorted properly. I know something is wrong with the imported post times, but I haven’t been able to put my finger on it yet.

New posts do indeed sort fine. But not editing of post. I haven’t tried editing a new post but I edited post #1 of this thread earlier and it didn’t change the index’s Last Post date.

I’ll poke around in the database when I have a free minute and see if the date formats are different.

It seems that if I clicked on Edit, clicked on Attach Signature then Submit that a lot of the simple BBcodes got activated. At least the simple [b] type ones, but not the quote, font or size ones which are completely different than the old forum’s format. Size for example goes from to [size=10].

Well, I edited about 33 of my postings tonight, I’ll do the other 1100 tomorrow. #-o :oops: :lol:

BTW I edited this twice now, a new posting, and there is no edit line showing. But I edited a couple dozen old ones and they now show edited. Sometimes even multiple times. :???:

Skin updated. Now includes the actual moon images it was linking to before.

http://www.singerscreations.com/forum/v … sc&start=0

Good deal! Those images do look sharp. =D>

:icon_smile: Thank you Landroid. :icon_smile:

Stone Soup skin updated to support WW 5.6.10’s changes.