Daily page is blank. Bottom of Current page is blank

Thank you for sticking with me Ed. That last step did the charm.

Is there any need to keep the Skins folder at
C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\Skins?

You were correct; that is where the first Dailyx.wtp was created by me.

– Patrick b.

Very happy to hear that Patrick B.

If you have a single user pc I think not. But if Mike makes changes to his skins, the next release will recreate the folder.

I suspected as much.

Enjoy your weather. :icon_smile:

I’m having the same problem as Patrick here. Splendid skins will not work correctly. Should a “complete” uninstall/reinstall fix this issue? It didn’t for me.

bgfunk76, do you also have your Internet Explorer “Internet” zone set to “High”?

If the problem is strickly WW, yes. If the problem is related to something else on the pc, no.

Apps, WW included, are impacted by security settings; IE, av, as and fw. Check your security app’s logs for hits related to WW.

WW forecast windows are dynamically built thus things like JScript being turned off have an big impact on WW’s windows.

IE Internet zone is set to Medium High.

I recently changed my firewall from Zone Alarm to Comodo. I did allow Weather Watcher permission when I did this. This is the only change I have made to my system since this started happening. When I look at “Firewall Events” in Comodo it says “There are no items to show.”

Can you post a picture of your WW window with the errors?

If you temporarily set Comodo to Allow All, or shut it down, and update WW’s data does the problem go away?

Doesn’t the new Comodo have an AV built in also? Did you check it’s logs?

The new Comodo does have an AV built in. I checked the logs and found nothing. Even when shutting down the Comodo security suite I still have the same problem with WW. Although one process is still running in the background and cannot be terminated via task manager.

The errors are similar to PatrickB’s. When using the Splendid skin, the daily forecast is blank and only shows the days of the week and the “Current” tab only shows the current conditions but not the forecast for the day.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/4158/94463331.th.jpg

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8011/67492484.th.jpg

I’m thinking of just going back to Zone Alarm. I know it’s the easy way out but I’ve had enough hassle with Comodo.

You have Jscript disabled in IE. Enable it and do a WW update. If Jscript is enabled check Comodo’s FW Component monitor to see if Jscript.dll is Allowed.

Do you use IE for other browsing and if so do you see misformed pages on other webpages?

Javascript is enabled in IE. I also manually added jscript.dll to be allowed in Comodo’s firewall options. Still no change in WW.

I have not seen misformed pages in IE although I rarely use IE. It’s only used when a particular website requires it. Firefox is preferred for me.

Ok.

The difference between a normal website and a WW window is the WW html code is on the hd vs being on the web. And if I’m not mistaken there is an IE setting just for that senario which I encountered it a couple of years ago with some html code I wrote on my hd. Look for an IE Security setting for Allow Active content to run on my hd and enable it then update WW’s data. Does that resolve the problem.

:-k But I thought adding the Saved From line at the top of the page addressed that too. :-s

Did you ever try updating the WW data with Comodo down?

Yes I have.

As far as “Allow active content” under Internet Options>Security>Custom Level… I’m having trouble finding that. The closest to that I see is ActiveX settings.

Tools > Internet Options > Advanced scroll down to Security, it’s the 2nd option below that. It’s starred stating you have to recycle IE for it to take effect, which may mean closing the WW window before updating it’s data. Or it may mean rebooting. :-k

I enabled “Allow Active Content…”, clicked “Apply” and rebooted my system. No change to WW though. ](*,)

Wow!!

You’ve tried shutdowning Comodo, and you’ve tried setting the Security option and no change!! Well I’m out of ideas. Something is preventing Javascript/ActiveX from running on html files on your hard drive.

Anyone else got some ideas?

Maybe try uninstalling Comodo to see if that resolves the problem? It’s hard to troubleshoot a problem if you don’t know the cause. That would at least give us a good starting point.

Uninstalled Comodo- issue persists.

I appreciate the help but if its just a matter of which WW skin I’m using, I can tolerate the Classic one.

It’s your call. But your machine isn’t working normally. If you want to resolve the problem we can try to help, if you’re content using the basic skin that’s fine too.

My next guess was to look into your browser’s Security’s Trusted and Restricted zone settings.

I added weather.com to the trusted sites and see nothing that would block WW in the restricted sites.

My machine seems to be working normally in all other ways except with WW.

:icon_smile: Actually I was thinking of adding:

C:\Documents and Settings[i]user id[/i]\Application Data\WeatherWatcher\Skins\Forecasts\Splendid\Current.html

to the Trusted zone. :lol:

But on second thought check the Custom Level of the Local Internet zone. Mine is set to Medium-low.