WW's registry data

When I look in the Registry I see[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher\General] "Check"="False" "CheckDate"="8/20/2006" "CheckPrompted"="True" "CheckVersion"="5.6.27"
But in [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher\Misc] Version=“5.6.28”. Why two different version values?? And what’s the CheckDate of 8/20/06??

But more importantly why no value with the path to the active skins folder? :sad:

The value in “Misc” is no longer used.

It looks like that is the last time Weather Watcher auto checked for a new version on your computer.

The registry settings are saved for use by Weather Watcher. I guess I could save many things there… just not necessary.

Do you mean like all the weather data once the html files are created or the Misc values no longer needed. :razz:

How many dead WW Registry values are no longer used and can be deleted?

How does WWInstaller know where to save skins if WW is started with a -i or -id parameter? :-s Which BTW I can’t find described anywhere in the WW Help file, are they there? The default.ini file remains even after WW is restarted without a parm value.

No idea. Delete the “Weather Watcher” registry key and see what is recreated.

It uses a very complicated, backwards scheme of mathematical wonder to calculate the location when Weather Watcher is started. I’d like to share it with you, but you know what they say about sharing “top secret” information.

Does that cause you some kind of hardship? If so, go ahead and manually delete it.

If you make WW Open Source we could figure it out more directly.

No, it just means I can’t use it’s presence to know if WW is using one of the -i parms.

That’s an easy one. Did you start Weather Watcher with the -i parameter or not?

If WW is running how would I know how someone, other than myself, started it?

You wouldn’t. That is a bit of an extreme example though. If it ever happens, close Weather Watcher and restart it to be sure :cool:

Ok.

Do the -i exec parm and the Option Store user files in the Weather Watcher folder both use the WW program folder’s Users[i]windows’ id[/i]\Skins folder?

I believe that’s the case but would like confirmation. :icon_smile:

Yes, that is what should be happening.