WWL Randomly Shutting Down

On occasion, WWL will simply shut down without warning and for no discernable rhyme or reason. I have not been able to determine any kind of relationship with other things going on. In other words, I haven’t noticed any recurring trigger event. Has anyone else run into this issue before? Or, better still, has anyone else run into this issue and come up with a fix?

I have a few questions for you:

1) Which version of Weather Watcher Live are you using? Right-click the Weather Watcher Live system tray icon and choose About to find the version number.

2) Which weather station are you using? You can find the weather station name in the top, left corner of the main Weather Watcher Live window.

Version 7.0.99 monitoring Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport(Tallevast, Florida, USA). Running on an older Dell desktop with nothing but ZaraRadio radio station automation (which uses very little CPU resources) and BreakAway Broadcaster audio processing (which uses a lot).

And this might be a clue: WWL is eating up my CPU, something I have not noticed until recently. A lot, as in 45-50%.

I’ve been using Weather Watcher for over a year with no issues until lately…and I can’t honestly say I first noticed the problem before or after the upgrade to 7.0.99.

I’ll do some testing to see if I can reproduce this problem using that weather station.

Are those short spikes in CPU or is that consistent usage? You should see short spikes during the times Weather Watcher Live is retrieving the weather data.

The previous version is available if you’d like to try going back to that:
http://www.SingersCreations.com/Forum/viewforum.php?f=67