WWL not updating after computer hibernates

Version: WWL 6.1.03
computer: Compaq Presario F700

I have WWL installed on my laptop. Many times when my laptop hibernates, WWL stops updating the weather forecast. I can go into the program and click on Update, but it doesn’t update. I’ll exit out of the program, but when I try to start it up again, it won’t start. It doesn’t appear in the taskbar. It also doesn’t appear in the Start Task Manager. I have to reboot to restart WWL. I love WWL, but I’ll go back to Weatherbug if I have to reboot 2-3 times per day. Any suggestions?

I have some questions for you:

1) After coming out of hibernation, what happens when you click the “UPDATE” button? Do you see any messages, does the status bar appear, etc.?

2) When coming out of hibernation, do you ever have trouble connecting to the Internet?

3) After exiting Weather Watcher Live, do you see “ww.exe” running in the “Processes” tab of the Windows Task Manager? If you’re not able to startup Weather Watcher Live, then that process is most likely still running.

4) After exiting Weather Watcher Live, do you see any instances of “dl.exe” running in the “Processes” tab of the Windows Task Manager?

. see above. There was a dl.exe underneath ww.exe the first time I exited. After starting it back up, there were no instances of dl.exe. I stopped the dl.exe process from within task manager. I didn’t try by exiting out of ww.exe.