WW-V5.6.20a - Excessive CPU usage?

This morning. If you have the “General” options “Check for new version” option enabled, then you’ll probably be notified tomorrow. Weather Watcher only checks for a new version once per day. I don’t want to beat up my web servers too badly :icon_smile:

So at 12:01am it will tell me? Or when I boot next, which could be in a week or so?

EdP, if the “Check for new version” option is enabled, Weather Watcher will check for an update when Weather Watcher is started and/or the next time the weather is updated. Weather Watcher will only automatically do this check once per day.

If Weather Watcher checks for a new version at 12:01 AM and I release a new version at 7:34 AM, you will not be notified of the new release until the next day Weather Watcher is run and/or the weather is updated.

Hi Mike,

I’ve had WW 5.6.22 installed for a couple days now & haven’t seen any CPU over-working.

Thanx :icon_smile: !

Hi Mike,

Not much time for testing lately too busy working on other peoples computers… I’ve been using 5.6.21a since you posted it and the problem has not showed up.

Will install 5.6.22 tonight and see how that goes…

Thanks…

High CPU Utilization

5.6.21. This has happened to me several times. Auto update was set to 1 hour. Have cable connection. WinXP Pro.

Rick

Try one of the current releases. 5.6.23 is the most current release.

High CPU Utilization

Ok. Loaded 5.6.23. But your notes didn’t say you fixed anything related to CPU Ut in the release. Will let you know if it recurs.

Thanks,

True but there is this:

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/v … c&start=43

:wink:

Resolution for animated Wallpaper CPU usage glitch?

OK this only applies to Animated Wallpaper that causes the CPU to max out. Right click on the desk top; click properties, under display properties click advanced, click troubleshoot tab and at the Hardware acceleration slider back off Full one notch at a time till the CPU behaves. For me that was only one notch. YMMV

HTH
Chris