WW Icons

No, I meant the link I posted [b][u]here:[/u][/b]
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/2934/cska133dk3.png

I downloaded file Icons.wws, but double click on it prompt me to choose a prgramm to open it. Which do I need? Or I did smth wrong? :???:

The install of Weather Watcher assigns the .wws file extension to it’s WWInstaller.exe file. Somehow your system didn’t take that assignment.

When you dbl click on the icons.wws file and are prompted for a program to use find the WWInstaller in your Weather Watcher folder and select it and you should be fine.

ok, and what should happen ?

I installed the WW Skin Installer, Icons skin has been installed successfully. And now what?
I dont see any new skins… :-s

Really!! Recycle WW then look at the Skins>Icons option.

what means to recycle WW ?

Could you explain me please what actually could happen when I double click on icons.wws? What should be the result?
Please…

Exit Weather Watcher then restart Weather Watcher.

If you shut your pc down (exit Windows and the pc turns off) every night, when you boot it the next day and Weather Watcher restarts and the icon changes will be evident then also.

You should be pleasantly surprised and happy. :thumbright:

hey EdP

I am empty :???:
I download icons.wws , startet it, it was written that it is done, but I DONT SEE ANY CHANGES!!!?? :shock:
I dont see any new icons…
In options—Skins—everything is the same as before. Could you please really explain me and tell me what should be the result!

thanks

If:

you downloaded the file I noted earlier, Icons.wws,

and it got saved as a .wws file on your hd,

and when you dbl clicked on it Weather Watcher’s Skin Installer popped up,

and when you clicked on the installer’s Next button it ran,

then when you open Weather Watcher’s Options window,

and click on the Options’ Skins tab,

within the Forecast Icons and Tray Icon options you should see the two new sets of icons to select from:

Eds
M. C.

select one or the other,

click the Apply button,

and see how they look to you on your Weather Watcher Current forecast window or in the System Tray.

It’s a pretty straight forward process and it’s not rocket science. :iconbiggrin: The only things that can interfere with it that I am aware of are:

The file got saved with a .zip extention - in which case the Skin Installer doesn’t automatically start.

The user id doesn’t have update access to the folder in which Weather Watcher is installed.

There is antivirus and antispyware software running on the pc preventing the normal operation of software being installed.
(Note: you said you had to manually install Weather Watcher’s Skin Installer. That’s not necessary to do in a normal system, Weather Watcher installs it automatically, and I have no idea how one would install it manually.)

it’s not rocket science but is works not on my PC :sad:

I downloaded the wws file, klicked on it, it starts , I klick on NEXT, then next popup is that it was installed successful.
Then I look in the WW Settings, Skins…and everything is the same?"!!!
How many skins you have avaivable for Tray Icon and Forecast Icon? I have 6 in both… and this 6 were there from the beginning after first install.

what means this

The user id doesn’t have update access to the folder in which Weather Watcher is installed.

There is antivirus and antispyware software running on the pc preventing the normal operation of software being installed.
I have Kaspersky Internet Security installed, but the problem should not come from there ?!

any other solutions?

download of this file is through the side http://rapidshare.com/files/30210973/Icons.wws.html

there are 2 options to download…premiuim and free. I dont know, I think I choosed free.
Is it wrong?

8. The original 6 plus the two I sent you.

Well, it’s coming from someplace so you tell me. Have you checked Kaspersky’s logs?

Other than finding a techie kid in the neighborhood? It’s amazing what you can get accomplished with a brownie and a glass of milk.

Last possibility;

Rename the .wws file to .zip. ie Icons.zip.
Dbl click on the renamed file.
You should see several WW folders.
Drag the Icons folder inside the .zip file to the Weather Watcher Skins folder and drop it in.

That’s what the WW Skins Installer does.

Do [size=5]not[/size] drop it into the WW Skins\Icons folder or any of the other subfolders. Drop it only into the Skins folder itself.

When you’re done, within the Skins’ Icons folder you should have 8 subfolders. If you don’t, start baking brownies. :wink:

[size=2](I thought you didn’t want to spend a lot of time in front of your computer?)[/size]

Free has always worked for me.

well :shock:
dont know, it didnt work… and then I downloded the wws file again, and then it works :shock:

well, strange things.
but thanks :thumbright:

All’s well that ends well. Glad to hear you were finally successful. :thumbright: