WW doesnt warn on warnings?

Hey guys today my county was warned for a tornado warning. Sirens where sounded and everything but I never got an alert from WW telling me about it.

Any particular reason this would happen?

I can think of a few possibilities:

1. The Show tray balloon when new sever alert is retrieved box was not checked in the Tray Icon tab of the Weather Watcher Options window.

2. Weather Watcher was not set up to automatically update the weather at that time.

3. NWS did not issue a warning for your selected city.

On 1 show tray is selected

On 2 It is set to auto update every 1 min.

On 3 there was a tornado warning and a severe TS warning. This was verified by going directly to NWS and checking there warnings at this time. The only warning I ever got was a FF watch.

The program is great and I love it however one thing I am looking for is this feature and I need it to work properly. Any help on figuring out whats going on would be appreciated.

I can think of other reasons;

The local ISP was hit by the tornado and blown away
The cable/phone line to your house was blown away
The power to your house was blown away
You and your house were .5 mile away from it’s foundation

Things to trust during a tornado;

Your eyes
Your ears
The sirens

Things expendable during a tornado;

Your pc
Weather Watcher

If you hear the tornado sirens please do NOT sit around waiting for confirmation from Weather Watcher. HEAD FOR COVER!!!

The frequency at which you have WW set to update is immaterial, other than giving you a false sense of security. Weather.com only updates it’s data stream once an hour in most places. So once WW grabs it nothing is going to change for 60 mins. A lot can happen in 60 minutes in tornado country.

First off your post comes off as pompus and i know more than you doish. I am quite capable of taking care of my self in severe weather. It would be nice if you could focus on fixing the actual problem instead of lecturing me on what to and not depend on. I came here for support for the software, not for a lecture. Now that we have that out of the way.

The local ISP was hit by the tornado and blown away - No
The cable/phone line to your house was blown away - No
The power to your house was blown away - No
You and your house were .5 mile away from it’s foundation - No

“The frequency at which you have WW set to update is immaterial, other than giving you a false sense of security. Weather.com only updates it’s data stream once an hour in most places. So once WW grabs it nothing is going to change for 60 mins.”

The warnings i am speaking of lasted for over an hour with the exception of the tornado warning for my county. So that doesn’t resolve the issue either.

You mention weather.com i where the data is pulled from. Any reason the data isnt pulled directly from NWS? and Secondly is there any way to pull the data from NWS instead of w.com?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Guess what your’s sounds like. :wink:

1. Because Mike didn’t write WW that way. Possibly because weather.com’s data is free, or better formated, or he saw something there that appealed to him. Why is water under the bridge at this point.

2. Don’t know. It’s been brought up in the past. With so much time and effort involved with developing code to work with weather.com chances are slim it will be discarded for NWS access but you never know.

[b]This app[/b] may suit your needs better:

Q. What is included?
A. You get your choice of the current national or regional radar image plus timely notification when National Weather Service (NWS) severe weather alerts are issued for your area

To test your WW alert settings, find a city in one of the alert locations shown [b]here[/b] and add it to your WW list of cities then switch to it.