WW 5.6.34 Error creating registry key

When I try to install WW 5.6.34 I m getting this error and installation fails.

Error creating registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software|Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion|Uninstall\Weather_is1

RegCreateKeyEx failed; code 5.
Access is denied.

http://www.postimage.org/aV19zwNS.jpg

Is anybody else getting this error?
What do we need to do to get WW to install?

Thanks for the help in advance. PS this is the first time I have had a problem with this prog. Great Program, Thanks again.

It looks like you’re using a Windows account that is partially locked down. Does that sound right? If so, try installing Weather Watcher using an Windows admin account.

I don’t think that error will have a negative effect on your Weather Watcher installation. It looks Weather Watcher is not going to appear in the add/remove progams section of the Windows Control Panel though.

Mike,

I only have my account (Which is the Account Administrator) and a Guest Account.
I can install WW but it will not update either the Active City (70301) or my wallpaper: US (South East) [AccuWx] Radar/Satelite

I also noticed “C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher” only has a Skins Folder and the WW program. It does not have any other files or folders.

You are correct there is no WW in add/remove progs. There is also no uninstall in the WW prog. folder.

Thanks for your advice.

Bruce

If you’re using an admin account to install Weather Watcher, then I’d guess that you’re running some type of security software that is preventing the Weather Watcher installer and Weather Watcher from writing to the registry and writing to the Weather Watcher install folder.

I only have McAfee and that is not stopping the install. Any other suggestions?

http://www.postimage.org/aV19HQBS.jpg

I agree with you there – that the install is not being stopped. The problem is the write access to your registry/file system.

If your Windows account is not blocking that access, then it’s being blocked by a program that you’re running. You said you’re using an admin account, so let’s assume that your Windows account is not causing the issue. Try shutting down all non Windows-related processes from the Windows Task Manager and see if that makes a difference. After doing that, post a screenshot of the running processes – just curious to see the things that you weren’t able to shut down.

Mike,

I am starting to have other issues. It looks like I am going to have to reformat my hard drive & reinstall Win XP Pro & my other programs. Your WW prog. did not cause these problems, just highlighted some more problems starting to show up.

Just what I wanted to do for 5 or 6 hrs. tomorrow, reinstall software on my Desktop.

And when your all done reinstalling everything, and running all the Windows updates, and AV updates and Office updates and of course Weather Watcher, you need to install one more app. Drive Image XML http://www.runtime.org/driveimage-xml.htm Then should you have problems in the future you start the restore and go watch TV. :icon_smile: