"Weather Watcher radar has stopped working"

I get the error message shown in the screenshot below on my Windows 10 desktop many times a day. I close the program but the message keeps coming back. No idea what to do about it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling wwl720249–no change. I think the problem started with an update a time or two before that one. Any suggestions would be apprciated. TIA.

In the location where Weather Watcher is installed, do you see a file named “wwradar.log”?

Thanks! I do not see wwradar.log. I see wwradar.exe, but not wwradar.log.

What happens when you double click “wwradar.exe” to start that application? If all works as expected, you shouldn’t see anything appear on the screen.

I double-clicked on wwradar.exe before and after getting an error message and nothing happened. Am at a loss as to how to make this pesky message go away without jettisoning WWL, which of course I’d rather not do.

Windows should be logging more details about that failure in the Windows Event Viewer. Can you post a screenshot of what you find there?

I received another “Weather Watcher Radar has stopped working” error message at 9:51pm 07/22/2021. On the Event Viewer screenshot below, the corresponding entries are highlighted. Properties for each follows. I hope this helps. Thanks.

Event properties:

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: Thu 7 22 2021 9:51:26 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: jmhorn-PC
Description:
Faulting application name: wwradar.exe, version: 1.0.28.0, time stamp: 0x5ffbc972
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1110, time stamp: 0x4809adf2
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9
Faulting process id: 0x12f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d77f6d9bb9e664
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Weather Watcher Live\wwradar.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 0e56a81a-a7d5-4aa6-acc1-ca5deb815888
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
jmhorn-PC

wwradar.exe
5ffbc972
KERNELBASE.dll
4809adf2
e0434352
0000000000034ed9
12f4
01d77f6d9bb9e664
C:\Program Files (x86)\Weather Watcher Live\wwradar.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
0e56a81a-a7d5-4aa6-acc1-ca5deb815888

Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: Thu 7 22 2021 9:51:24 PM
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: jmhorn-PC
Description:
Application: wwradar.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding)
at System.IO.File.InternalAppendAllText(System.String, System.String, System.Text.Encoding)
at WWRadar.ModMain.Main()

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
jmhorn-PC

Application: wwradar.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter…ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding)
at System.IO.File.InternalAppendAllText(System.String, System.String, System.Text.Encoding)
at WWRadar.ModMain.Main()

Although I don’t encounter this error with any program other than Weather Watcher, am I correct that it is a Microsoft problem and not, after all, a Weather Watcher problem? Thanks.

No, it’s not a Microsoft problem. That app is sometimes failing to start (for some reason) and does not have permission to create and/or write to the “wwradar.log” file.

Please download the current Weather Watcher installer here and install it over top of your existing Weather Watcher installation. You shouldn’t see that failure message pop up again after reinstalling.

Wow–that is excellent and much appreciated!