Weather Watcher Mobile 1.0.1 Released

This release will allow you to view the weather for multiple cities while offline and display the last downloaded time at the bottom of the weather forecasts.

http://www.singerscreations.com/RSS/Posts/344.asp

Mike, Would it be possible to make the regular Weather Watcher do this?

Yes. I’ll add it to my to-do list.

Thanks for the download time option that works fine. I only wonder why those “//” are in the front off the time?

Oops, I noticed when I change the active city the city isn’t changed. And I cannot switch to another tab. So basically it is stuck.

Now when I update the weather it switches to the changed city.Tabs work again. So the app is not stuck. Isn’t that strange?

So the city is actually changed when the update is ready.Not before.

Got a screenshot?

I’m not following you :???: Isn’t that how it always worked?

As I said. The city is ONLY changed when an update of the weather is done.Also AFTER you already changed the city.

1. I change the city
  2. nothing is changed
  3. clicking the tabs won’t work
  4. I update the weather
  5. City is now changed and tabs are working again.

I hope this is clear.

About “//”

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/9844/ww1mobile6yx1.jpg

About the first problem, isn’t a problem anymore. Seems to be a one time event. It works now as it should work.

Edit. Yes it still is. It seems to occur occasionally. I was trying again and I had to same problem when I had changed from city to city.

krab, with this new release, you are going to have to update all of your cities once to get them in sync with the latest changes. Once they have been updated once, the weather should change when switching cities.

As for the “//” data problem, what do you have your language set to in your Regional Settings?

I have an English rx3715, regional settings set to dutch.

I again change city and with the second change it got stuck again, until I update the weather.

Please list the steps you are following to change the city. I’d like to try recreating the problem on my end.

I already did in the above.Just change the city and wait until it gets stuck. It is not stuck everytime, as I indicated in the above. I changed the city just now without any problem. But now and then it gets stuck. Update the weater data solves this problem.

Meanwhile I have installed another keyboard “Blimkeys” Thats works fine. So the problem is not a bug in WWm, bu in the OS. Below blimkeys and WWm

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/360/ww1mobile7ys9.jpg

Nevetheless maybe you can find a way to solve this problem using the standard keyboard.

Thanks for taking the time to look into that.

I did see that, but I was looking for something that wasn’t so vague. I could read those instructions and perform that task in multiple ways.

VAGUE? :twisted: My God I did put some time into this. And English isn’t my native. Maybe you can put in some Dutch:lol:

What is vague on “When I change the city it can happen that the program gets stuck. Then when I update the weather data the program is acting like normal” And like I said before It doesn’t happen all the time.

I am taking some distance now since I was hospitalized from 8 to the 18th and I am still recovering at home. See Ya.

Changing cities offline

The city does not change offline unless a new top tab is selected. I’d prefer that the same screen switches to the new city.

I wasn’t trying to tear you down… just pointing out that I am not sure how you’re going about changing the city. BTW, your English is fine. I don’t think I’d have the patience to learn Dutch :wink:

Here are two examples of how I can change the city:

Example 1:

1. Click “Menu”.
  2. Select “Change Active City” from the menu.
  3. Select a new city from the available city list.

Example 2:

1. Click “Menu”.
  2. Select “Options…” from the menu.
  3. Click the “Cities” tab in the Options window.
  4. Select a new city from the Active City dropdown box.
  5. Click “OK” to close the Options window.

The two methods are quite different. You really didn’t specify the route you were taking… which is where vague came from.

The first example.

krab, thanks for clarifying.

Someone else mentioned that clicking a different tab (e.g. Hourly) will refresh the weather data. Did you find that works for you, or is updating the weather the only solution?

ONLY refreshing the weather data solved it.

So, it seems that nothing at all is happening at times when switching cities via the menu. Which cities are you switching between?