Weather Watcher Live stopped working.

I recently downloaded the latest version and installed it on my computer. There is an icon on the desktop but when I click on the icon nothing happens. Prior to this last download the program was working fine on this computer. I have Weather Watcher Live installed on three computers and recently uninstalled it from a desktop and reinstalled it on a laptop ( in order to only have three installs) but the laptop is not the computer that is causing the problem. The one that is causing the problem has had Weather Watcher live installed on it for years. Could there be a registration issue? Any suggestions?

Download a new Weather Watcher Live installer from www.SingersCreations.com and install it over top of your existing Weather Watcher Live installation. Please let me know if that does not resolve this issue.

I too have had the same problem with the newest version (7.1.012). Everything appears as N/A, nothing gets downloaded nor updated. The program cannot search for new weather stations as it does not connect to anything!! I re-installed 7.1.07 and this works fine but the new version does not work at all I’m afraid.

blackrose1973, did you try reinstalling today as I suggested above?

Yes, but when re-installing a new version, an error occurs with the dl.exe file. The error reported is (between asterisks):

C:\Program Files (x86)\Weather Watcher Live\dl.exe

An error occurred while trying to rename a file in the destination
directory:
MoveFile failed; code 183.
Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or
Abort to cancel installation

Clicking Retry results in the same error each time and clicking ignore does not seem to install the software properly. I have not had this error with any of the previous versions. I am running the installer as administrator as well.

blackrose1973, Windows is attempting to replace that file and it’s in use. Open the Windows Task Manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL) and end the “dl.exe” process. At that point, you should be able to run the new installer.

I managed to get it to install properly by uninstalling the previous version but then I had to enter my license key and change all my settings again.

Reinstalled as you suggested. Everything in working fine now. Thanks.