Weather Underground data feed down?

I don’t use the Weather Underground API (never have). Weather Underground built a custom data feed for me 10 years ago (years before The Weather Channel and IBM got involved). I have an ongoing contract with them to use their data.

All of the people I used to work with at Weather Underground are now gone. It looks like they cleaned house after IBM took over. They contacted me in December to let me know they were replacing the custom data feeds (like the one I’m using). They were supposed to contact me to discuss in more detail, but I haven’t heard from them since then.

As is right now, most of my Weather Underground data feed access is down. I just got an email from Weather Underground this morning stating that they are working on restoring it. After that point, I’m not sure what kind of data access I’ll have going forward since we haven’t had the chance to discuss those details.
[/QUOTE]

I do not see any license keys assigned to your email address (the email you use in this forum) and I don’t believe you emailed me for help. If you need help, please email me the license key you’re using and the weather station so I can check those things out on my end.

For anyone else who’s having trouble, here are some things to try:

1) Make sure you have Weather Watcher 7.2.161 or [B][U]7.2.162[/U][/B] installed.

2) Try reinstalling Weather Watcher. Right-click the installer file and choose “Run as administrator” to ensure the installer has the proper permissions to install all of the files.

3) Make sure all security related applications you installed are not blocking Weather Watcher from connecting to the Internet.

4) Try adding a new weather station in the “Weather Stations” section of the Weather Watcher Options window. I’ve been finding some people are attempting to use weather stations that are no longer reporting data.

If none of those things resolve your issue, then email me at [email protected] for help. It would be helpful if you’d include your version of Weather Watcher, the weather station you’re using, any fixes you tried, and any other details you think would be helpful.

Everything is fixed. Thank you. Also, I had to add a new weather station because the Phillips Airport was no longer reporting the weather.

My full Weather Underground data feed was restored today. If you’d like to revert back to the Weather Underground forecast for Weather Underground weather stations, then install Weather Watcher [B][U]7.2.163[/U][/B].

Was having the same problem but installing 7.2.163 fixed it.

With 7.2.163, the current temperature for the Phillips Airport is showing up again. Yay :slight_smile: