Weather.com's precip percent

Any idea why Weather.com would assign a 10% precipitation when it’s going to be 82 and partly cloudy - and at times 80 and clear (as examples)? And the clouds are high, white and fluffy.

Accuweather shows same temp but 0% precip for my area.

Thanks,
DrWho

Taking into consideration that all weather information does not come from the same source, there will most definitely be differences in the forecasts between weather.com and accuweather.com. Keeping in mind that these are just forecasts, what they are predicting precipitation-wise is not always going to be the final outcome.

Thanks Mike,
Yes I understand that but when the sun is shinning and there are either no clouds or light clouds that are not nor will become rain clouds putting a 10% chance of precip looks more like hedging bets than accurate forecasting. I don’t think I’ve ever seen less than 10%.

Weather.com is no fly-by-nite company so there must be some reason why they do that. I’d hoped someone here could give me some reasoning. I may email them direct, but don’t really expect any answer so I thought I’d ask some knowledgeable people on this forum.

Thanks,
DrWho

It might include dew or fog in low lying areas. The forecast might also cover a wider area than you realize.

The Weather Channel has got issues, period. They are, at times, mostly at night 10 degrees higher in temperature than the actual temperature in our area. In addition, they use incorrect day/night icons, Cloudy being the most prevalent.