Wallpapers and maps

As a few suggestions:

1/ Would it be possible remove duplicates from the listings as the same images can appear under multiple descriptions.

2/ Have a quick access option from the taskbar menu to selected wallpapers (not the entire list just those that the user has selected)

3/ Give the option to list: All wallpapers, Static, Animated, By Country, By State in the selection window for wallpapers and/or maps

4/ Have the program check for availability/displayability of the selected image (I’ve noted that sometimes the images selected won’t display and the problem appears to be with the source image not your programs) and if it can’t be displayed either skip to the next selected image or use a default “sorry the selected image is unavailable at this time” image that could be included with your program - would remove some of the fault tracing panic when animated maps and wallpaper won’t display and all the user has to show is the red X placeholder

5/ I don’t know if this is possible but is it possible to tap into the weather.com interactive maps so that users can see an image that is more localized? This would be very handy for storm tracking.

In that the maps are links rather than the images themselves what would be gained doing this?

Do you mean something similar to this??

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/1240/wwmapoptionski7.png

That’s the purpose of the Favorites option.

The [TWC] Close Local Radar (Animated) map’s URLs are localized. Scroll thru the map list, starting at the bottom, till you find them. :wink:

In that the maps are links rather than the images themselves what would be gained doing this?

For a start it would make the listing smaller and depending on how organized, easier to follow and locate the images the user requires also it would avoid the situation where the same image is effectively selected 2 or more times.

Do you mean something similar to this??

Yep something akin to that, just so that instead of wading through the entire list of wallpapers selected, if the user finds that one isn’t displaying then they can quickly turn that one off or should they normally only use one wallpaper but have been using additional ones to track some weather event such as a hurricane, they can easily deselect that wallpaper when no longer needed. I dunno if for the first scenario it is worth having the program “remember” previously selected wallpapers or not although asking on deselection if this is a temporary measure or not could possibly be done.

That’s the purpose of the Favorites option.

And it’s not quite what I was asking for as the favourites option is for maps and not the wallpapers, having the wallpaper cycle is better than having lots of map windows open after all.

Not quite what I’m thinking of - more the interactive mapping that is on TWC site as with that you have the map of the area (scaled to suit) with the overlays, now you can’t get more local than what that can scale down to. This last one was more pie in the sky than anything else anyways.