Wallpaper not updating?

Hopefully the attached screenshot will answer everything?
My radar wallpaper stopped updating at 9:25am today.
AccuWX Radar Illinois.

Do you see a more recent image here?

What happens when you right click the Weather Watcher system tray icon and choose ā€œRefresh Wallpaperā€?

Yes, the image you linked to is more recent than mine.
If I ā€˜refresh wallpaper’, nothing changes.
I have tried stopping/restarting the program. No change.

Have you tried reinstalling Weather Watcher?

You can re-run the current Weather Watcher installer over top of your existing Weather Watcher installation.

OK, I just did the re-install. Nothing changed.
I did not do an uninstall first.
I’ll try a Windows reboot now. Haven’t done that yet.

Rebooting Windoze didn’t help. Same wallpaper is still showing.

OK, I have some additional info…
If I change my wallpaper setting to be anything other than AccuWx, then refresh, then the wallpaper changes.
If I change it back to AccuWx (any flavor, not just radar), and refresh, nothing changes. The wallpaper image selected above remains.
So for now, I have it set to Illinois Intellicast Radar, and it is updating as it should.
So the problem appears to isolated to AccuWx wallpapers.
If there is a particular AccuWx (or other) page you would like me to try, let me know.
-Ray

Thank you for those details!

What happens when you reinstall Weather Watcher using this 7.2.291 installer instead?

OK, using that installer, I am able to get a current AccuWX wallpaper image now.
I’ll get back to you in a but to confirm that it updates as it should.

OK, the wallpaper is updating now. So all seems to be fixed.
Thanks!

I had the same problem just for the record, no update for wallpaper with accuwx, I had the latest version installed then reinstalled with the posted installer and it started updating again…so you’re not crazy…

Thanks for that! I’m always suspicious when something suddenly stops working like that at a time when nothing obvious had been changed or updated.

That’s why I came and signed up for the forum today, mine stopped updating yesterday around 10am and I couldn’t figure out what was going on, hope Singer sees these last posts, might have a bug in the software, thanks…you beet me to it…

beat

Everything is technically a bug I suppose. The issue was caused by something AccuWX changed in the way they host their images.

I stand corrected…no criticism meant

None taken. I’m agreeing with you that it’s a bug in Weather Watcher.

In this case, it happened to be caused by something outside of Weather Watcher itself.

I released Weather Watcher 7.2.292 to officially make this change. There’s no need to install this new version if 7.2.291 was already reinstalled from the link I previously shared above.

Thank you, everything is still updating, always enjoyed having your software, been using it for years, thanks again…