Updating skin files in windows profile on each startup.

1. Deleting the old “skins” folder and renaming the “skins_new folder” will work; I tried that before. Is it an option (for the time being) to do a check during the installation of WWL. If the installation program “sees”’ a “skins” folder and a “skins_new” folder it must delete the old folder a rename the new folder.

2. You’re right. When I run WWL0061.exe as an administrator there seems to be no problems. There is no “skins_new” folder, there are no errors and there are no messages of updating my windows profile on the second start op WWL.
    This issue is resolved, but I wonder what caused the problem. Why isn’t it necessary to “select the Run this program as an administrator check box” running WWL0057.exe to install WWL57 correct??

Good question. I really don’t know. My best guess is that Windows recalls it was installed before and is giving it a different set of permissions.

I wanted to let you know that I also had the same problem with this version 0.61, but not with 0.57. I had to give myself “full control” permission on the “skins_new” folder before it would let me rename it.

I’m running with Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit with SP1 installed. It’s a clean instal from a few days ago; I just replaced the hard drive. I first installed 0.60 that I downloaded from the forums but for some reason, it wouldn’t work. WWL was all white and I couldn’t see anything. So, I uninstalled it and installed 0.57 and it worked properly and did not give the error. Then yesterday it notified me to update to 0.61 so I did so, and then got the problem.

Could it possibly have something to do with updating versus a clean installation? When you release the next build, I’ll update it again and if the problem reappears, I’ll try uninstalling, deleting the WWL folder, and reinstalling to see if that changes anything.

It’s not even really a big deal as it only ‘copies’ the skins for like 3 seconds when I restart my system, but being that this is a beta, I figured I may as well report it.

Maaz

Hello Maaz,

I don’t think it has to do with updating the program instead of a clean installation.
I tried a clean installation of WWL61 but it didn’t work.

Paul