Two annoyances that I'd like to see changed.

These two annoyances have been around since the beginning of time, or in this case, the making of Weather Watcher Live. Here we go…

#1: This is an example for me. I live on the east coast in CT and everything is properly configured on Weather Watcher Live albeit a lot of configurations to play around with.

The problem…
When I click on the ‘DAILY’ tab to look at the future forecast which includes the current Day and Night forecast for July 11, 2017, I’ve noticed that the NIGHT forecast disappears or expires from the list before midnight or 12:00 AM. I’ve seen the night forecast disappear before 5:30 PM… The fix I would like to see you implement is making sure the current night forecast does not expire from the list until 12:00 AM (or the start of next day).

#2: When you click on MAPS then, at the bottom, click on Add More Maps… you then get a resizable window that pops up called Map Manager where you can add more maps by ticking a box. This window is divided into two parts. The left side has a Map Category & Map Name. On the right side is the picture of the map chosen.

The problem
When you resize the window, only the picture of the map on the right side widens but not the left side of the window in which you can tick more maps. As it is right now there are two problems.

First problem: To be able to see the left side in which the Map Category and Map Name can be fully seen/viewable, I have to click and drag Map Name to the left and very close to Map Category. After I do that and select whatever maps I want to add, I then close the Map Manager window and I’m all done. Now the problem. When I go to reopen Map Manager, Map Name does not stay where I dragged or positioned it. It reverts to default distance or view. That needs to be corrected so that if you drag something, WWL will remember if you reopen Map Manager again.

Second problem: When you resize Map Manager window horizontally, only the map window widens but not the left side where you add more maps. Why is this? The left side should widen as well so you can see more of the Map Name category. That needs to change. Who wants to see just the picture of a map widen when widening the window? It’s rather silly, if you ask me. We need to bring the left side of Map Manager window into better focus as the add more maps list is cut off at the end anyways (Not Viewable)

I hope I made myself clear as to what I’d like to see fixed. If not, post what you don’t understand and I’ll try to rephrase my words. Thanks for taking the time to read this… Robert

Forgot one more thing about Map Manger window. When you resize it, it doesn’t remember next time you open it. It reverts to it’s default size. That needs to change. The whole concept here and my post above is to give the user more options that the program will remember and automatically save for you.

Weather Watcher shows the daily forecast that is provided by the source (WeatherBug or Weather Underground). If the current day is dropped at the source, it’ll also be dropped from the forecast in Weather Watcher. You could of course check out the hourly forecast (since it’s always available from the current hour and forward).

I’ll have to dig into this one some more to see what’s happening and figure out a way to make it work better. If WeatherBug and/or Weather Underground are consistently cutting the daily forecast that early, then I should be able to cache the data locally until the next day arrives. That would of course only work properly if you don’t switch to a new weather station late in the evening.

I increased the width of the map list in this Weather Watcher build (to prevent it from scrolling horizontally). You can install it over top of your current version of Weather Watcher.

I’m not able to reproduce this issue. That window should remember its size. Please take another look and let me know if that is still occurring.

I increased the width of the map list in this Weather Watcher build (to prevent it from scrolling horizontally). You can install it over top of your current version of Weather Watcher.

That looks beautiful now Mike. Great job. Map Manager looks so much better now. I thank you. :slight_smile:

I’ll have to dig into this one some more to see what’s happening and figure out a way to make it work better. If WeatherBug and/or Weather Underground are consistently cutting the daily forecast that early, then I should be able to cache the data locally until the next day arrives.

I was thinking of that very same solution, caching, Whatever you can do there to fix it would be very grateful. Once you’ve found the solution to this, I will have no more annoyances with WWL…

Oh, and, on the resizing the window thing, it might be on my end as I still bounce around from Windows 7 (x64) to Windows XP Pro (x86) and I know that WWL no longer supports Windows XP but the funny thing is it still works. This resize issue might have to do with non-compliance with Windows XP. I did check on Windows 7 OS and it seems to be okay. I guess we can let this one ride by as it is not a problem afterall…

Robert…