Tray icon won't hide on start

My default behavior for Weather Watcher is to have the temperature icon automatically hidden in the notification area of the system tray through Windows XP’s customize notifications option. However, each time I restart my computer, the temperature icon is not hidden because XP cannot remember the customization for Weather Watcher. This did not happen with any versions previous to v5.6 Beta 8. When I check the customization options in XP Weather Watcher is shown has having “” whereas before it had a proper title so I was thinking that maybe this is the problem. Here is a screenshot of what I mean: http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/1516/capture7230594516pm0ic.jpg. So each time I have to reset the option for the window to always hide when I start. Is it possible to have this fixed so XP users can auto-hide the temperature display in the system tray? Thank you for any help.

I wouldn’t even know what to change to make that happen. It could just be a glitch on your system [?]

The icon is shown because the option you have selected is to Hide when Inactive. The WW icon is active when booted.

BTW My icon shows no title also, but it does show a temp in my Customization Notifications ands yours does not. But there must be a way to set a title since other icons inthe tray have them.

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
BTW My icon shows no title also, but it does show a temp in my Customization Notifications ands yours does not. But there must be a way to set a title since other icons inthe tray have them.
The title is actually the tray icon tooltip. Since the 5.6 Beta 10 uses the skinned tray tooltip window, the actuall tooltip has been set to null so it doesn't pop up behind the skinned tooltip window. That explains why the title is showing up like that in the "Customize Notifications" window.

Durerca, I see you use Maxthon! Awesome browser isn’t it.[:)]

EdP: I know that the icon won’t show if the setting for Weather Watcher is hide when inactive. My point was that each time I restart either my computer or Weather Watcher, the setting for it’s icon is reset to Hide When Inactive. It won’t remember that I want Weather Watcher to be set to always hide. My Weather Watcher does show the temperature beside but it’s in a white font for some reason so when you highlight it, the temperature shows.

Mike: You said that, “the actual tooltip has been set to null so it doesn’t pop up behind the skinned tooltip window”. Is it possible to make a change to the program that will allow it to report a window title to Windows without the pop up behavior you mentioned? I don’t restart my machine often but for those users that like to hide their icons in XP, this is a small incovenience.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by durerca[/i] Mike: You said that, "the actual tooltip has been set to null so it doesn't pop up behind the skinned tooltip window". Is it possible to make a change to the program that will allow it to report a window title to Windows without the pop up behavior you mentioned? I don't restart my machine often but for those users that like to hide their icons in XP, this is a small incovenience.
It does have a window title, "Weather Watcher". The problem is that the Customize Notifications window uses the tray tooltip as the name.

Thank you Mike for including the option in the beta 10 release to not skin the tooltip window. Using this setting, the customize notifications settings in XP pic up a tray tooltip title and will remember what setting you select for always hiding the icon or not. I miss having the nice skinned window that stays on top as long as your mouse is there but I appreciate the ability to remember my icon settings.