Transparent Mini Interface

Similar to Transparent Longhorn, but designed to fit the Splendid Mini forecasts. For Weather Watcher 5.6.16 or later.

http://webpages.charter.net/hunz/ww/TransMini.wws

http://webpages.charter.net/hunz/ww/TransMini.jpg

:lol: Very clever use of the symbols for the buttons Hunz. I like it. :thumbright:

If you position the icons to the left more and pull in the update one the skin can be narrower.

When downloading the file it came down as a ZIP even when I manually selected it. Downloading it as a WWS was not an option.

That issue is caused by the web server. I believe you would have to associate the WWS file extension in IIS in order to make the web server recognize that file type.

Now, getting access to the web server is a whole different ballgame :iconbiggrin:

Hunz, try these parms:

[code]ButtonExitX=-26
ButtonExitY=22
ButtonRetrieveX=-35
ButtonRetrieveY=-37
ButtonCurrentX=10
ButtonCurrentY=-37
ButtonHourlyX=40
ButtonHourlyY=-37
ButtonDailyX=70
ButtonDailyY=-37
ButtonDetailedX=100
ButtonDetailedY=-37
ButtonAlertsX=190
ButtonAlertsY=-37
ButtonMapsX=130
ButtonMapsY=-37
ButtonOptionsX=160
ButtonOptionsY=-37

ResizeHeight=15
ResizeWidth=12
DragHeight=15
DragWidth=12
[/code]

Interesting. The file is definitely a .wws file. When I click on the link it comes down as a .wws file in both IE and Firefox. Maybe it’s just you. :lol:

Thought you’d like the buttons, since they are actually modified from the ones you used in “Ed’s Classic Eye Candy.” (Gave you credit in the Skin.ini file.) I just made the background colors match the skin.

I’ll move the buttons around so it’ll go narrower, no problem. Just not tonight; this is going to be me in the morning as it is:

[size=2](Who am I kidding, that’s always me in the morning)[/size]

Updated.
I played around with the numbers and ultimately settled on what you suggested.

Hunz, there is something strange going on with the skin’s Status Bar display. It’s missing it’s right side. I played with the numbers for awhile but couldn’t get it to show no matter what values I used for the widths. Very strange. Can you look into it?

BTW I changed the ButtonRetrieveX value to -32. I think it better matches the location of the Current Conditions button.

I changed it out to something similar to what’s in “Ed’s Tronnix” and “Advance.” The other was just too big to make a small interface. I also changed the Update button position as above.

Thanks Hunz.

But I wasn’t totally satisfied with what I was seeing. One of the keys to the status display is the Status.bmp (d’ol) which I was overlooking the other night when I was fiddling with just the .ini parms.

What I’m using now is the Status.bmp from the Mini Xt skin plus some of it’s related ini parms. It works with my current WW window but I’m still thinking about it. :iconbiggrin: I’m leaning towards making it narrower.

If you want to see what I see my ini parms currently are:[code]StatusX=17
StatusY=14
StatusBarX=17
StatusBarY=29

StatusHeight=55
StatusWidth=285

StatusBarHeight=10
StatusBarWidth=250

StatusBarEmptyColor=201,222,229[/code]

Hunz I narrowed the Status.bmp from 285 to 275 and changed the ini’s parms as such:[code]StatusHeight=55
StatusWidth=275

StatusBarHeight=10
StatusBarWidth=240[/code]

Do you want to try it? I could email you my changes if you’d like.

Sure. I just PMed you my email address.

:-s Did you get the zip file I sent you last week?

Yeah, I picked it up Friday, but I also picked up a head cold and didn’t accomplish anything this weekend. I think I’ll incorporate the smallest size status bar in your options and post it sometime yet today. Thanks.

:thumbright: Cool!!

Hope your cold is getting better.