Tooltip not being displayed when mousing over

I am running Windows XP SP2, fully patched with IE 6. I have recently upgraded to dual monitors. My main monitor, or the number 1 monitor, is a Samsung SyncMaster 931W 20" widescreen LCD with a resolution of 1360 by 768. My second monitor is an IBM ThinkVision L171p 17" LCD. All of this is powered by a Sapphire Radeon X300SE.

Since upgrading to dual monitor, the Tooltip no longer works. I can see that the foreground window ‘greys out’ until I move the mouse away.

Here is what I did to troubleshoot. First, I detached the IBM monitor so that I only had my SyncMaster, when I mouse over, the foreground window greys out and there is no tooltip. Then I made my IMB L171p monitor the primary monitor, moved the taskbar over and detached the Samsung. This produces a tooltip. The last thing I did was to simply leave the taskbar on the IBM, I reattached the Samsung, leaving the IBM as primary, and this too produces a tooltip.

In short, as long as my Samsung is the primary monitor, I don’t have a tooltip.

Any thoughts?

Hopefully this is descriptive enough. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Otherwise, this is a great piece of software.

Thanks,

Steven

Did you try enabling the “Use custom tray tooltip window location” checkbox in the “Tray Tooltip” tab of the Weather Watcher Options window?

Hi Mike,

The “Use custom tray tooltip window location” feature was already turned on. I removed it and my issue is gone. The Tooltip now shows up when I mouse over the tray icon.

Thank you for your help.

S

Good news :icon_smile: I guess it was set to display outside of the desktop area.