Temp displaying worng number in tray icon

The tray icon temp is displaying the wrong temperature. It is 57.9 degrees Fahrenheit here right now and when I retrieve the weather, it shows 58 degrees but then suddenly changes to 55. I have noticed it being off the last few days since I upgraded to the latest version.

Which weather station are you using?

Des Moines Iowa (Des Moines International Airport) or 50320.

I think I see what is going on, at least partially. I have it set to the “feels like” temp. When I mouse over the try icon, tit shows the feels like temp and 57.9. But when I open up the program, it shows the feels like temp at 55. The tray mouseover kisting is showing the wrong “feels like” temp.

Install the build below over your existing Weather Watcher Live installation to fix the issue where the feels like is not matching in the main window and tooltip window.

http://www.box.net/shared/7hkettu347bilqre1kjz

If you have realtime updates enabled, Weather Watcher Live will start grabbing more data as soon as the weather is updated (via the “UPDATE” button). The change that your seeing a second or so later is the realtime data feeding into Weather Watcher Live.

The Des Moines Intl Airport is not reporting data in realtime, so there really shouldn’t be a difference when the realtime update kicks in. The realtime data comes from a different feed of data though, so there could be differences depending in which was last updated in WeatherBug’s system. I believe the realtime data feed is always more current than the data that is first loaded when Weather Watcher Live is updated, so I think you’re still seeing good data.

Thanks, Mike. They all match properly now.

Did you ever consider my idea of adding another icon if we wanted to show to actual temp and feels like temp at the same time? I use WeatherBug Alert for that right now but it is messing up and not displaying the actual temp accurately.

The new features that I am working on are mostly driven by user feedback though. This idea was only ever suggested twice at most.

Not many users run both WWL and WeatherBig Alert at the same time, though. It would still be something that no other program of this type offers. :wink:

Yep. And I don’t think it’s a bad idea either. With so many suggestions to work through though, it makes the most sense to start with the ones that are most often suggested.

Well, at least think about it if you would and I can finally get rid of that crappy weatherbug alert. :wink:

The more neat stuff you have that others don’t will make WWL stand out that much more.

I’ve never seen that app. It sounds my original Weather Watcher Alerts desktop application :icon_smile:

Here is the link for it. The bug shows the temp until the alerts start then it shows the alert icon.

http://weather.weatherbug.com/desktop-w … alert.html

I like being able to see the actual temp and feels like temp in the tray, especially when the colder months are here. Right now I have it set up where it shows the feels like temp, the weather icon and then the weatherbug alert on the right of that. I think I sent you a pic of it a while back.

I don’t think I have ever seen your Weather Watcher Alerts desktop application.

Are you talking about the Weather Alerts Desktop version you have available now? Yes, I’ve seen that one. Sorry for the confusion. I thought you were talking about one like WeatherBug Alerts.

I was referring to this:
http://download.cnet.com/Weather-Watcher-Alerts/3000-12565_4-203773.html

That would serve the purpose of the WeatherBug Alert if it had the option to set the actual or feels like temp for the tray icon, too, although my earlier suggestion is a better way to go. Although it does take up a bit more memory than WeatherBug Alert does. :wink:

I did notice that it does one thing that WeatherBug Alert does and that is it pulls up this location when you click on the icon: Des Moines, IA 50321 when I actually set it at 50320. It seems to work in Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit but I won’t know for sure until I get an alert, I guess.

It’s only available as-is. It has since been replaced by WeatherWatcherAlerts.com.

Right, I saw that when I got the email. I don’t need all that yet, although one day I’m sure I might. I guess I’ll just have to hope my suggestion gets added to WWL for now. :wink: