Sys Tray Icons

How about adding cloud/weather icons to the sys tray? Like in addition to the temp, you could also have the current weather condition visable as well, represented by a rain cloud, sun, etc. You get the idea. [:I]

quote:
[i]Originally posted by skwarkenklux[/i]
How about adding cloud/weather icons to the sys tray? Like in addition to the temp, you could also have the current weather condition visable as well, represented by a rain cloud, sun, etc. You get the idea. [:I]

The systray icon can’t be larger than it is now. So, you’d have to have that type of a picture in the background…, but I like the idea.

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

How about being able to choose between current conditions and current temperature ?
Because I can’t really imagine how both could fit at the same time and be readable (especially with you guys using 2 or 3 digits in Fahrenheit !)

Belle-Isle

I don’t know, I reckon you could get away with a cloud/condition icon in the background… I might give it a try later and post my results.

OK, here’s my experiment… please take a look

Click me!

I reduced the opacity of the background so the temp could be read easier.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by skwarkenklux[/i]
OK, here's my experiment... please take a look

Click me!

I reduced the opacity of the background so the temp could be read easier.

Nice job with the experiment. I’m totally for a feature like this… However, the picture would have to come down some more to fit within the alloted space, but otherwise, I think it looks nice.

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

Yes this would be a pretty tight feature. Hope its added soon. :wink:

Thanks,
Will

God Bless America

That’s pretty neat. I’m not sure if it would fit in the tray though… I could try anyhow.