Suggestions

hmmmm well one would be when selecting the New Topic button the previous current topic’s subject doesn’t fill in the new topic’s Subject box. But that isn’t why I opened this.

It would be nice if the WW window’s title included the version id of WW being used.

Would it be possible to add a border option for the Tray Icon? It would be useful when using the Icon with a transparent background.

Lastly, and this is possibly more personal appeal, I think the WW title on the WW window should be displayed in Bold text rather than normal.

Overall, the program is very impressive. Nice job Singer.

EdP
Win XP SP2

I would have another suggestion but I don’t know if you could do it. I live in Bucharest and here we have 2 weather stations one in the north called “Bucharest, Baneasa” and one in the south “Bucharest, Filaret”. I wonder if you could add the south weather station to your program because it’s usually a 2-3 degree difference between these two.
I don’t know if other people have this kind of problem but in my town that’s the situation.

Thank you,
Claudiu.

“To ask if computers can think, is like asking if submarines can swim.” Edward Djikstra

Claudiu – Weather Watcher uses the weather stations from www.weather.com. If The Weather Channel adds new cities (weather stations), then they will be available in Weather Watcher.

EdP – The upcoming versions of Weather Watcher will have a skinnable interface. Since it will be using a skin, it’ll won’t be possible to add the version number to the title bar. However, it would be possible for me to include the version number in the default interface skin.

It would be possible to add a border around the tray icon. I guess that should have a color selector as well?

I agree with you on the bold title. I’ll add that to my default interface skin.

TitleText=Weather Watcher works, I don’t see why
TitleText=Weather Watcher 5.5b wouldn’t also. But it’s probably not that important. As for Bold, just capitalizing the 1st char seems effective.

Skins eh? Cool!

Will that include new icons for the weather or just the window presentation options?

quote:
It would be possible to add a border around the tray icon. I guess that should have a color selector as well?
Yes, please. [:)]

EdP

Modifying the “TitleText=” line will work for me. By impossible, I meant that I doubt everyone who creates a skin is going to include the version number. Nor would it make sense to include the version number since it’ll only be wrong when the user upgrades their version of Weather Watcher.

quote:
I doubt everyone who creates a skin is going to include the version number.
quote:
it'll only be wrong when the user upgrades their version of Weather Watcher.
Valid points. I agree.

Thanks for explaining it. [:)]

EdP