strange error...

when i got onto the computer today to get todays weather, i got a message saying an error occurred on the current conditions. but when i click on the other icons, the conditions have been updated. the hourly and detailed forecast icons both work properly, but the 10 day forecast doesn’t work…

(website removed)

i’m guessing weather channel changed the website a little??

quote:
[i]Originally posted by robbieg1234[/i]
(website removed)

this should be:
(website removed)

a period was added to the end (probably by me)

I’m having the same problem today. ALso, if I open the C:\Program Files\Weather Watcher\Cache\Current.html, I see the current conditions in Internet Explorer, but it also generates an ‘error on page’ message with the following details:

Line 1136
Char 16
Error: ‘blocklist’ is undefined
Code 0

Sandra

I’m also having similar problems. I can’t get the current page at all… and there are no icons…

Violinist, Composer, and Technology Hobbyist
Music Performance Major Penn State University
Musical Horizon “Site Admin”
http://www.musicalhorizon.com

I’m having da same damn thing happen.
Mike…baby!
After me just giving you a stellar review on Downloads.com!
I’m not into programming…but this thang of yours always worked like a charm…but ya keep updating, and updating, and updating…and I’m not really seeing any noticable changes or improvements…but it seems to be getting worse!
I LOVE my Weatherwatcher!
I have an older buddy of mine who’s new to computing that looks to me for his PC help. And he (like most old geezers…) is very into the weather. I turned him onto your prog and he liked it, but dropped it when it started screwing up. Now he’s going with Weatherbug…a piece of adware CRAP!
But i’m still sticking wit ya till da bitter end.
(P.S Dat patch thing didn’t do diddley, and said I was already patched)
Wut’s up wit da WeatherWatcher, and why do ya keep messin wit it?
If it ain’t broke…why ya keep trying to fix it???
Don’t fail me dude!
The Magician

"There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers 
  exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here... 
  it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
  There is another theory which states that this has already happened." 
   -Douglas Adams

when i tried to download the forecast, it said, “city does not exist”. however i have been using this program for several months and have made no adjustments. please help me fix this because i love this program. thank you.

quote:
If it ain't broke...why ya keep trying to fix it???

themagician8 – I agree with you 100%. The only problem is that I am not the one that is breaking the data… that would be our friends weather.com. I do not have an agreement with them, so they are free to change the data at any time. Whenever I release updates, it’s either to add new features, or to fix what they have broken.

Whenever they change their data, I usually have the problem fixed within 12 hours. Can you ask for more than that for a program that your using for free? [;)]

To fix this latest problem, simply open Weather Watcher and choose “Check for Program Updates” from the Weather Watcher system tray menu. My new dynamic parser allows me to make program changes without making the users download new updates/patches.

everything is ok for me again… weather channel must’ve changed temporarily

quote:
After me just giving you a stellar review on Downloads.com!

Hahaha… Same here! I used this program for the 2nd day today, it was great yesterday, I checked the temp. very couple of hours. And now it didn’t work for the whole day! Somehow I thought it was my problem making the database crashed! LOL Well, at least I’m in the programming field too, so I kinda know what’s going on. Looks like know we’ll have to wait for a new version or weather.com to change their data format back.

“If the brain were so simple that we could understand it, we would be so simple that we couldn’t”

quote:
[i]Originally posted by robbieg1234[/i]
everything is ok for me again... weather channel must've changed temporarily
that goes for me too, wonder what the heck happened...

The Weather Channel did change something. I changed something in Weather Watcher to compensate for their change. The update was sent to you automatically, so you just didn’t notice that the fix was applied.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
The Weather Channel did change something. I changed something in Weather Watcher to compensate for their change. The update was sent to you automatically, so you just didn't notice that the fix was applied.
very cool...