Startup issues with Weather Watcher Live

Lately when booting, the apps attempt to delete temp files hangs (at 98%) and the app never starts. It also impacts the loading of another software (Advanced System Care Pro). I have to reboot, sometimes several times to sort it.
I will see if a delayed start would help as it might be the case that things are tripping over each other during a time of extreme processor use.

1 Like

Is there something visible on the screen that’s making you think the temp files are being deleted?

1 Like

Indeed, for some time there has been a graphic showing the deletion of Weather Watcher temp files just prior to the app starting up. I will attempt to get a screenshot of it if I am quick enough.

1 Like

Update: I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling the software. Followed up with sorting out a few other issues with other software and then did a repair install of the OS. Weather Watcher still deleted some of its temp files at startup, but it goes much quicker and without fail. I also set some startup item to delayed to smooth out the boot process. Things working much better.

Good to hear. Thanks for the update!

1 Like

The temp files delete hung up again. Happens about once in every 3 boots. I have set the program to not start with Windows. I will open it later when needed.
Screenshot - 6_10_2023 , 6_59_44 PM

A large number of temp files should not be queueing up like that. I’ll take a closer look and see how this can be improved in the next release.

Mike,
Has anyone else reported similar behavior? I noticed that when the deletion hangs that Advanced System Care will not start. I had the same situation on the laptop, but after 12 minutes the deletion finally completed and Weather Watcher loaded. I have had no issues deleting other files for whatever that may be worth.

Mark

Not yet. But, that doesn’t necessarily mean nobody else is seeing it.

1 Like

I have been having this same issue but the box on screen disappears fairly quickly. I am not sure what is happening in the box as it goes away quickly before I can read it. I thought it was updating something but the box is something to do with weather watcher. I was not sure what program was doing this so I disabled all startup apps and turned them on one by one until it happened with weather watcher. It is annoying to have this box show up on almost every boot. Has been happening for a few months??? Don’t remember it from last year. Not sure when it started happening and yes I have set to minimize to tray. Using current version 72276 windows 11. Other than this annoying on screen box everything else seems to be working fine. Anyway to get this to happen off screen please? Thank you

1 Like

Good to know I’m not alone. This deletion of a huge number of temp files happens on both the desktop and laptop, but the desktop chokes on those last few temp files. I have had to disable Weather Watcher from startup on the Desktop.
Indeed, until this year I had not observed this behavior.

Do either of you see that issue in version 7.2.278?

Neither the old or new versions did it today in two test boots and I think it was not happening every day so I will watch for a few days with the new version ( thank you for making it). I do notice that when installing a new version ( like today) there are boxes that flash on the screen for a short time. Can you have all boxes not show on screen? I am not sure if what I was seeing was temp files or something else as the boxes go by so fast. So any update checks etc would be nice not to be on screen just in case. I am not talking about the main dialog screen but boxes off to the side installing things etc.

Do you see any flashes after installing version 7.2.279?

I do not see any boxes with 279 installation. I have not rebooted as I have some other things open that I can’t close right now. I will watch for the next couple days to see if the problems are gone but I would think having the install boxes hidden would hopefully also hide any other boxes. Thanks for the response and support.

1 Like

I did not see any boxes today either. So hopefully the problem is fixed. Thank you.

1 Like