Spooky License reassignment message on WWL V7.2.22

Over the weekend, I set up one of my older systems with Windows 10 x64 Build 9860, dual monitors, IE 11. I currently have a lifetime license and WWL is installed only on my primary desktop system. From what I read on the license statement, the same license can be used on 5 computers.

I decided to try WWL V7.2.22 on the Windows 10 system. When I entered the license number in the license setup window of WWL on the Windows 10 system, a message appeared stating that the license was already assigned to another computer and that continuation would reassign the license to Windows 10 system. That to me sounds like it will null and void the WWL license on my primary system. (It did not null and void the license, but indicates that it will :???: )

I suggest that different wording be used to state that the license can be used on 5 local computers. The current message is a bit spooky. :shock: :-s

BTW, WWL appears to be working fairly well on Windows 10 x64. The only issue I’ve found thus far is that it will not remember magnets and redisplay them on a system reboot or program reboot. The magnets are stored in C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\Magnets, but they are not redisplayed. They are displayed when originally created.

That message actually reads as follows:

“All of your available license seats are in use on other computers. Would you like to reassign one of those license seats to this computer?”

Hmmm…I assume the license seats get chewed up when computers are retired and/or when new Windows OS’s are installed as a totally fresh (reformatted) installation on the same computer. I have only had WWL on my one “primary” computer, but that primary computer has been hardware and software retired/upgraded several times over the years.

Doing things like reinstalling Windows or upgrading Windows will make my system think you’re installing Weather Watcher on a new computer. Weather Watcher cannot tell if your license seats are being actively used – it just knows when they are all in use. Instead of automatically reassigning your oldest license seat, it prompts you to do that. Some people are really actively using 5 license seats, so I didn’t want to assume and deactivate computers where Weather Watcher is being actively used.

BTW, WWL appears to be working fairly well on Windows 10 x64. The only issue I’ve found thus far is that it will not remember magnets and redisplay them on a system reboot or program reboot. The magnets are stored in C:\Users\MyAccount\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\Magnets, but they are not redisplayed. They are displayed when originally created.

I discovered why the magnets were not working on my Windows 10. In PC Settings>Ease of Access>Other Options>Play Animations in Windows has to be set to OFF. It is turned on by default in Windows 10 Technical Preview. This applies to Windows 8 as well. The magnets are now working on Windows 10. :icon_smile:

Awesome. Thanks for sharing :slight_smile: