Splendid Thermometer [again?]

I know I might sound obsessed by this thermometer business, but well got Mike to add the two color option, and figured he wasn’t to be bothered anymore if it weren’t really needed, so I looked in to it and made the change the way I originally had thought it should be - ofcourse the official release of the option made it a whole lot easier, and I hope this change can get in somehow in the future, perhaps alongside the rainbow version [damn someone beat me to it on a new option - but looks kinda küül though]

Update:
This file isn’t on the server anymore, because the feature is now part of my new skin instead of just a stand-alone feature - check viewtopic.php?t=1200

Well, to use this new option, go to the "Weather Watcher\Skins\Forecasts\Splendid" folder and replace the Current.wtp file [remember to back up the original] with the one found at http://www.jayscape.net/Current.wtp [right click and save as]

How you like it, I’m pretty sure it should work just fine, but any feedback will much appreciated…

Works just fine (and a worthwhile bit of jigery pokery as well!!!).

Many thanks

k

Here is a screenshot:

I did a search & replace in the WTP config file, because I think it’s “cold” below about 40 degrees. (Purely subjective, of course!) [:D]
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/61/control6zh.png

'Droid

Well, Landroid, as you say it’s pretty subjective. Myself, I wouldn’t say 40 is cold (actually I’d say it’s pretty hot) but that might be because I’m a european centigrade guy…

But getting to the techs; what did you edit? I figure you found and edited more than just the text in the optionbox?

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Fl?gger[/i]
Well, [b]Landroid[/b], as you say it's pretty subjective. Myself, I wouldn't say 40 is cold (actually I'd say it's pretty hot) but that might be because I'm a european centigrade guy...
Heh! I see your point. :D Yup, I'm thinking of Farenheit. :)
quote:
But getting to the techs; what did you edit? I figure you found and edited more than just the text in the optionbox?
Sorry about the delayed reply -- I guess this forum software doesn't send out topic reply notices. [xx(]

If you search for the text in the dialog shown, you discover that it uses VALUE=“BlueRed”. Search for that value (I think it’s used about 4 times throughout the WTP file) and make it whatever you find useful. I’ve been trying out XMM’s rainbow meter in Ed’s variation of the Splendid skin. Pretty neat idea! Now I can see I’ll have to try out your new CSSplendid as well. :smiley:

quote:
[b]2b || !2b[/b]
Hmm, that's the question, I suppose. [8D]

By the way, are you a pilot, Fl?gger, or just a fan of flying? My favorite way to fly is by helicopter. Noisy, but the view is worth it!

'Droid

Hehe, well, figured it was something like that, but you’d never know…
I’m thinking of maybe adding something like this in my skin…
But that’ll probably take some time, since I’ve got pretty much to do lately, and I’d like to make the skin all over revised before goldplating too much…

But that being said, I’m open to suggestions…

And no, Landroid, I’m no pilot, but I do like flying - but as much as I like it, i’ve never tried it in any other way than in a passengers seat of a regular commercial airplane…
I’d really like to try a helicopter though - must be soooo cooool :razz: just never had the chance… Yet :cool:

quote:
I'm thinking of maybe adding something like this in my skin...
I dunno, I like the rainbow one better. It's more representative of the temperature changes.
quote:
And no, [b]Landroid[/b], I'm no pilot, but I do like flying - but as much as I like it, i've never tried it in any other way than in a passengers seat of a regular commercial airplane...
Ah. I wanted to be a pilot when I was little, but my eyes are too bad. [:)]

If you get a chance, a helicopter’s a great way to go. In resort areas I sometimes see people offering flights, something like 2 people for US$25 (of course, that was before energy prices really started to go crazy). It’s not cheap, but for a special occasion it’s really cool (or k??l)…

'Droid

Well, that’s what you like, but I just feel that people should be able to do just what they like, so the more options the more gets pleased.

As for the flying, could be awesome to be able to do it yourself, but I’d somehow rather have other people do the work, so I can just sit back and enjoy. And if I do go to a resort that offers it, I most certainly will take a flight, but I just don’t think we really got any of those in cold little Denmark.
Mmmmm, helicopters are k??l :mrgreen:

quote:
Well, that's what you like, but I just feel that people should be able to do just what they like, so the more options the more gets pleased.
True -- it's hard to argue with having more options to choose from. [8D]

'Droid