Some stuff broken in 7.0.11+

I’m not sure how things were in 7.0.4 but as far as I remember everything was good and fine - but now after upgrading my tooltip is empty, the temperatures are blank for the upcoming days in both the ‘Now’ and ‘Daily’ screens and the date observed is not formatted correctly…
Do anyone have a plausible explanation or possibly even a solution, or is it all just skin files that needs to be fixed? I haven’t looked at it at all, as it’s getting kinda late, but if it’s just skin files it shouldn’t be that big a deal and I’ll probably fix it myself in a couple of days :razz:

Re: Some stuff broken in 7.0.11

Which weather station are you using?

I’m sorry, I should have specified some details better :razz:

My station is (just search for ‘copenhagen, denmark’):
Station Name: Holte
Data Source: PWS (WUnderground)

I upgraded to 7.0.12 today but that didn’t really take care of the problems I were seeing, except for giving me a sunny icon in the tray tooltip.

But just now (after flipping between stations, and in particular after switching to a WeatherBug station) the tray tooltip and some other small stuff are fully working again, so I guess it might have been some bad cache or something like that?
But still there is no temp (hi/lo) data on the ‘now’ and ‘daily’ screens when I’m on WUnderground station, and using a WUnderground PWS the update progressbar is in the upper left corner - even after clearing the cache and trying over and over…

And to end with, the observed and downloaded dates looks like this:
Observed: --July-27-2010 @ 12:20:00
Downloaded: 27-07-2010 @ 12:29:12

I just released a new Weather Watcher Live 7 update with a fix for this issue. Right-click the Weather Watcher Live system tray and choose “Check for New Version” to download the update.

I’m not sure what you fixed, but it didn’t really fix it for me… Using the same configurations as earlier and the last bunch of updates [currently 7.0.30] there is still somewhat of a problem; the ‘Downloaded’ displays just fine and well formatted, but ‘Observed’ is not quite as it should:

The same problem is almost the same for the tray tooltip, but not quite, as it displays as

Please post a screenshot of the Region and Language window from the Windows Control Panel. I’d like to try your date format on my computer to see if I’m able to reproduce this issue.

I suppose this pretty much covers it all? http://www.jayscape.net/ww/WWL-date-problem.101013.png

That’s what I needed. Thanks!

I was unable to reproduce this issue using the newly released Weather Watcher Live 7.0.32. Please upgrade and see if you have the same experience.

http://www.box.net/shared/bjhctstd99

As far as I can see the new update didn’t change anything about this issue…

Hi Mike

Still with WWL 7.0.34 I’m seeing the exact same problems, so I was wondering how your treat the dates before we get to see them? Maybe if you make it an option for the user to define a format for dates used in the program and then convert the date to that format and put it in the tag… And perhaps even make a tag containing the chosen format and a tag with the date in ISO 8601 (yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss) for easy and consistent manipulation in skins?

Just a thought though… Maybe this is a good link in this context: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8kb3ddd4.aspx

I’m just getting back to this. Sorry for the delay.

Duping your Regional settings didn’t seem to help, so let me take a look at your Weather Watcher Live registry settings. Please email them to me at [email protected]. Here are the steps to export the registry settings:

1) Click the Windows Start button, choose “Run…”, and enter “regedit” in the run window.

2) Navigate to the following registry key in the left menu:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\Weather Watcher Live

3) Right-click on the “Weather Watcher Live” key, choose “Export”, enter a file name, and click the “Save” button.