(some) Deleted notes keep coming back

Hi there,

Whenever I log onto my company domain, two old notes keep reappearing. When I delete them I can confirm they disappear from the
“C:\Documents and Settings\men\Application Data\StickIt\Active” directory.
And I don’t archive them. So it’s really not StickIt’s problem…

However, I find it annoying, so I would like to know whether I can store my notes somewhere else instead of in the multi-user-application-settings-folder?

// Egholm

egholm, have you tried to figure out why the deleted files are returning? That is probably the best route to take since this is an issue with your setup, rather than an issue with StickIt.

Yeah, I can see that “everytime” I log onto my company domain, two specific notes keep reappearing. If I delete them, restart and don’t log onto the server, they are gone…
So I do believe it’s not a problem with stickit - hence my question if there is a way to ask stickit to put it’s notes somewhere else (not being “sync’ed” by windows)?!

// Egholm

egholm, that location is embedded into StickIt.

I kinda guessed that :slight_smile:
However, I know the company helpdesk department, so I rather put my money on you :wink:
May I suggest allowing an entry to “settings.ini” or on the commandline for specifying where to store it’s data (with %USERHOME% indicating userhome).
Maybe someone out there besides me would like to specify it specifically (?)…

// Egholm

egholm, the StickIt build below will accept a custom path as a command line parameter. For example, if your custom location is “C:\notes”, then you would start StickIt by running the following command:

"C:\Program Files\Stickit\StickIt3.exe" C:\notes

Download StickIt 3.0.4b

I did not follow your “%USERHOME%” suggestion, but I think this will do what you are asking.

Uhuuuu! You are my hero :slight_smile:
Not that I have logged onto the company domain server yet, but I know it will work!!

The %USERHOME% was only if you wanted to update the “settings.ini” with something like:

notes_directory=%USERHOME%
or
notes_directory=c:\stickit

and then have USERHOME point to the current default (not so) hardcoded (any more) location.

THANKS!!
Egholm