RSS Feedback

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
I think if you're going to release 5.6 this weekend you need to address the forum access problems. I have a hi-speed connection and it still takes a [u]minute[/u] to pull up.
Easier said than done. One thing at a time though... it's on my list of things-to-do.

It was real quick just now. Like the old days.

It must have been a short list. :icon_smile:

quote:
It was real quick just now. Like the old days.

It must have been a short list. [:)]

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

The problem could be related to server issues too. I have been experiencing troubles more often recently [:(]

Repacked Weather Watcher Setup

Repacked Weather Watcher Setup

So how does one determine if the version they downloaded is the original 5.6.7 version or the Repacked 5.6.7 version?

You know, some sw distributators use the version number to distinquish one release from another. :icon_smile: The repacked version of WW could have been 5.6.7a. This approach would have automatically popped up msgs on the screens of those using the original 5.6.7 version informing them of the new updated release.

So how does one determine if the version they downloaded is the original 5.6.7 version or the Repacked 5.6.7 version?

The ww.exe file has a mod date of April 09, 10:03 on the original version and a mod date of April 10, 11:54AM on the fixed/repacked version. The setup file I downloaded on the 13th (12:19AM) was the original version. The one tonight is the fixed version.

Out with the new, in with the old

Out with the new, in with the old

Does the “old” include the changes to the Splendid Forecast’s Current.wtp file that were included with 5.6.8? Is the “old” the original 5.6.7 or is it 5.6.8 with 5.6.7’s ww.exe and dl.exe?

One solution to 5.6.8’s PNG wallpaper problem would be to have PNG files be an option on the Wallpaper tab. If someone wants to try them they select the option, if it doesn’t work they deselect it. The option could even have a caveat indicating it requires Active Desktop for older systems.

quote:
Does the "old" include the changes to the Splendid Forecast's Current.wtp file that were included with 5.6.8? Is the "old" the original 5.6.7 or is it 5.6.8 with 5.6.7's ww.exe and dl.exe?
Slow down there Ed [:D] I believe the post is talking about the wallpaper changer method. I think that's what I wrote anyhow [8D]
quote:
One solution to 5.6.8's PNG wallpaper problem would be to have PNG files be an option on the Wallpaper tab. If someone wants to try them they select the option, if it doesn't work they deselect it. The option could even have a caveat indicating it requires Active Desktop for older systems.
I'm sure there are many other possible solutions. Not too many wallpapers are in PNG format, so this shouldn't really be an issue anyhow.

Your link references WW567SETUP.EXE not WW568aSETUP.EXE so it’s easy to conclude that it is indeed the old 5.6.7 setup rather than a revised 5.6.8.

EdP, it is Weather Watcher 5.6.7… just like the post says [:D]

And thus it does not include the Splendid wtp file updates that were in 5.6.8.

Why would you even ask those questions if you knew it was the Weather Watcher 5.6.7 setup? Very odd indeed.

Because you could have replaced the ww.exe and dl.exe files in 5.6.8 with the ones from 5.6.7 and then named it all 5.6.7, again. There were two versions of 5.6.7 if you recall so seeing yet a third would not be unexpected. :icon_smile:

How to turn your PDA phone into a brick

How to turn your PDA phone into a brick

So basically you’re saying that if you intend to replace the ROM it’s better to do a Custom Backup? Or after you do a ROM upgrade it’s better to not do a Restore?

Did you need to do a Restore? Had you lost your data? Would putting the old ROM back in and doing another Restore resolve the problem?

Re: How to turn your PDA phone into a brick

No. I’m saying don’t use Spb Backup to do the data restore after upgrading the ROM :neutral:

Yes. The ROM update wipes all of the data.

Perhaps. I didn’t get that far because my phone was as useless as a brick.

That being the case you have nothing to loose trying the old ROM. :icon_smile:

Will Verizon replace the PDA for you?

After restoring the data, I could not do anything with my phone. After booting up, it just froze. That being the case, I could not connect it to my computer to reinstall the ROM.

Yes. They overnighted one to me for free :cool:

Oh! :-s I wasn’t aware that it needed a functioning pc connection. I thought the ROM was a chip or loaded from a memory card.

Good to know. Thanks :icon_smile:

Yep… and I learned the hard way :neutral:

Weather Watcher 5.6.17

FIXED: When right-clicking SysSense tray icon, the Windows Taskbar menu was also opening sometimes.

What does the SysSense tray icon have to do with WW?? :-s

Nothing at all…