Rain Today always zero for Ottawa, Canada

On August 6, we got a bit of a deludge. My station logged 18mm and the Ottawa Airport reported 7mm. I am a long ways from the airport. My log script is as follows:

[UPDATED DATETIME],[STATION],[TEMP PLAIN],[DEW PLAIN],[HUMIDITY PLAIN],[WIND PLAIN],[BAROMETER PLAIN],[RAIN TODAY PLAIN], [DAILY LOOP COUNT=7][TEMPLATE][DAILY PRECIPITATION DAY],[DAILY PRECIPITATION NIGHT], [/TEMPLATE][/DAILY LOOP][DAILY LOOP COUNT=1,START=2][TEMPLATE][FORECAST],[DAILY PREDICTION DAY][/TEMPLATE][/DAILY LOOP]

The last entry for August 6 was this:

8/6/2008 11:00:00 PM,Ottawa, Canada (Ottawa International Airport),18,16.7,94,1.3,100.9,0,50%,N/A, 61%,N/A, 55%,N/A, 30%,N/A, 30%,N/A, 33%,N/A, 32%,N/A, [FORECAST],Showery. Mostly cloudy. Mild. Temperature of 22.2°C. Winds 0.9 m/s WSW. Humidity will be 88% with a dewpoint of 15°C and comfort level of 22.8°C. There is a 61% chance of precipitation.

The zero following the barometer reading 100.9 is the rain.

As an aside, I was adding some conversions to my code and was trying to verify them against WWL. My setting for Barometer was kPa when I started. I clicked on in. and this worked. I clicked on mm and the world went pearshaped. WWL stopped working and would no longer work when restarted. Negative numbers appeared in the Barometric pressure. I had to uninstall, run a registry cleaner, delete the working directory and reinstall. The funny think is, WWL still new where my Log file was located even after these draconian measures. Sorry for not giving more definitive steps but I am a bit leary of trying to repeat this. If it does not do this for you, then we’l chock it up to a senior moment on the part of the user.

mm seems to work okay for me.

Is that both the rain amount and the conversions?
Cheers
Peter

The conversions.

Some stations do not report rainfall for some reason. Since that is a data quality issue, you might want to contact WeatherBug:

http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=2322

Hi Mike-

I would like to understand a bet better how updates are done. I see differences fo the forecast descriptions and data between WWL and WB. These tend to normalize as the day progresses. Are updates logged by WWL pass throughs of WB data when the snapshot is taken or does WWL have its own data base of info updated on a different frequency?

Weather Watcher Live pulls the weather data directly from WeatherBug’s weather data feed. Their website is mostly likely not pulling the data from that feed. However, it should be using the same data source.

When you retrieve the Weather Watcher Live data, you’re seeing the most recent data from WeatherBug’s data source. If you’re using a WeatherBug weather station, that data is normally only seconds old.

Please post some screenshots to show the differences you’re seeing.