Problems with Windows Mobile 6.5

Mike-
I was previously using ver 1.0.17 on a WM 6.1 QVGA device and it was perfect. I recently switched to a WM 6.5 VGA device and now I have two problems:

1. The scroll bars do not show up on the side so I can’t scroll down the screen.

2. The text on the detail page is not wrapping, so I can only read the first line.

I really love Weather Watcher and hope you can help me solve these two issues.

Thanks!

did you try what was posted in another thread?

The problem is in PIE 6 (Beta) which is available in some of the newer ROMs.

Just change following registry entries and you will get your display back.

\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Height
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\Viewport Width

By default they are 1024 and 768. Change those to size of your screen and problem solved.

Unless you have a Touch Pro 2/Tilt2. In which case, Opera is the default browser & Weather Watcher has always had issues with the way Opera formats pages. Part of the problem is that Weather Watcher points to the default browser, not one specific browser & WW doesn’t use an integrated viewer to standardize weather layout. Until WW uses an external or built in browser that will always display correctly, there will always be display issues based on WW pointing to the default (which can vary depending on phone, OS, carrier customizations & user choices) instead of something that always works.

I’m wondering if Mike can make it soo that Weather Watcher Mobile explicitly calls PIE instead of whatever the default browser is. It appears that the generated HTML files use JavaScript for rendering portions of each page. I’m not so sure that JavaScript is enabled/available in Opera.

hi,
the reg edit didn’t help on my HD2.
Any other work arounds?

Re: Problems with Windows Mobile 6.5.x WVGA res

Hi, is there any updates to getting this fantastic app to display correctly on the hi-res HTC devices?

Thanks

Unless you have a Touch Pro 2/Tilt2. In which case, Opera is the default browser & Weather Watcher has always had issues with the way Opera formats pages. Part of the problem is that Weather Watcher points to the default browser, not one specific browser & WW doesn’t use an integrated viewer to standardize weather layout. Until WW uses an external or built in browser that will always display correctly, there will always be display issues based on WW pointing to the default (which can vary depending on phone, OS, carrier customizations & user choices) instead of something that always works.
[/quote]

I have a Touch Pro 2! Has anyone come up with a workaround for this issue? WW keeps pulling up Opera, making WW much harder to use/appreciate. I loved WW on my ATT Tilt, and I miss it! :-s :-s :-s

Problem solved! Go to Opera/Settings/Advanced and uncheck “make Opera your default browser.” :cheers: :thumbright: :lol: