portable Sticky??

Hi, I have read on this forum that the note content are stored in registery key (quite odd).

How could Sticky be made portable i.e. so all settings and note data would be stored in a local folder (e.g. the installation folder) ? (so it can be used on usb key)

Thanks

Dan

StickIt 3.0.0 and up stores the notes in the Windows user profile location. The StickIt program settings are stored in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\StickIt

To answer your question, I think the notes and settings would all have to be stored on the USB key in order to make the application truely portable. It would be neat if you could just pop in your USB key and see your notes appear.

yep i agree. If the developper(s) read this that would be great if they could make a portable version. To be honnest i cannot understand why software are still developper to write settings in the windows folder and the registery, now that USB key are so popular.

Anyway let’s hope that something is coming up soon

Dan

I am the developer, so you might be in luck :cool:

Most software does save settings in the Windows registry. It’s much faster and easier than accessing a file (e.g. INI file).

See the following thread:
http://www.singerscreations.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?p=8061#8061