Older Versions

I have used Weather Watcher for years and it is my favorite software…but I don’t like it since it went live and that was a few years ago. I had saved my old download to be sure I would get one I wanted. Now when I use my download I get live weather watcher. I do not like the way it is displayed now. The older version was mostly all on one page except the options. It was horizontal with 3 tabs that showed daily, hourly and the moon.

I don’t care if it is live or not, I just want the older, simpler version. I know software writers think advanced is better, but why not leave us the older versions as an option?

The Weather Channel asked me to stop distributing the old (free) Weather Watcher. I don’t blame them though. Giving away weather data for free is probably quite expensive when enough people take advantage of it.

The older version was mostly all on one page except the options.

Weather Watcher has been on multiple pages for many years now. I think I broke it out into multiple pages (Now, Hourly, Daily) in early 2000.

It was horizontal with 3 tabs that showed daily, hourly and the moon.

Older versions of Weather Watcher had those tabs in the slider (at the bottom of the “Now” page). Those tabs aren’t available in the current version of Weather Watcher, but you can still set the icons to display in the “Settings” at the bottom of the main Weather Watcher window. Or you can double click the slider to cycle through the different views.

I worded it wrong but I think you know what I meant. It was actually 3 pages then the options. It was years ago when you changed I have been using the same version for years. It was simpler.
The weather is free everywhere, news paper, TV, and on the internet.

http://s21.postimg.org/wtsi8gpc3/image.jpg

Right – I know what you meant. I was just clarifying for those reading along :icon_smile:

The weather is free everywhere, news paper, TV, and on the internet.

This is the average impression, but it really costs a lot of money to buy weather equipment, collect weather data, maintain it, distribute it, etc. I guess most people do not consider those things since they are never exposed to it.

And TV, newspaper, and Internet are certainly not free. You must buy a TV, buy the newspaper, pay for Internet, view ads to see the “free” content, etc. Again, I’m sure you’re aware of these things already since you pay for them, but I’m just pointing out the costs that most people never consider as part of consuming weather data.