Old skin set

Once upon a time there was a link posted here somewhere that contained old skins that could be dl’d for use. I can not find it anywhere and am looking for a set named, MetroConsult.zip. Animated icons for different types of wx. I found two links that referenced the file, but both were dead. Anyone help or know a location for this file? :-k

The icon set you refer to was developed for Weather Watcher not Weather Watcher Live and WWL uses a completely different naming standard for weather icons than WW did so even if you found the WW download it would not work for WWL.

Hate to disagree with you, Ed, but know for a fact it does work w/WWL. How do I know this? Because I’ve already used it. And its on my laptop also with WWL, works fine. If I knew how to copy it from the laptop to the desktop would have already done that, but can’t locate the file anywhere. Very spooky…

Very surprised to hear this. :shock:

If I knew how to copy it from the laptop to the desktop would have already done that, but can’t locate the file anywhere.

The icon folder is most likely in your Windows user profile’s Application Data folder. Do a seach on your laptop’s hard drive for 0.gif or any of the other weather icon names and you should be able to find the icons you have. Then zip the folder up and email it to yourself. On the desktop open your email, save the file then unzip it to the corresponding location on it’s hard drive.

Or if you prefer, copy the folder to a USB drive then read the USB on the desktop and copy the icons to the desktop’s hard drive.

pjgiv, here’s a link: http://www.box.net/shared/k84g68f6q5

I am not aware of any such naming standard change. This icon set works just fine in Weather Watcher Live.

Mike, thank you very, very much!! =D> =D> :thumbright:

EDIT: Installed, but had to change the default installation folder from WW to WWL, but animated icons are fantastic! Had tucked away that file for archiving. :wink: