No Cities

Wow!!!

While your ISP may not be blocking servers they may be using a DNS server that isn’t current. Sites sometime change IP addresses and can be offline to areas until the DNS servers get updated. This usually doesn’t take more than 3 days.

weather.com has been upgrading their service options over the past several months and it’s possible the DNS server your ISP is using, or is using for your IP address range, is offline or out of date. Have them check their servers.

Also SkyZip, please, upgrade your wife’s pc to SP2. [:)]

Ed</font id=“blue”></font id=“size2”>

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
I bet you'd be a treat to meet in person....

Ask your girlfriend, she knows… :wink:

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Mike Singer[/i]
[b]EdP[/b], you're probably right. Dude is probably off charging $120/hour for technical support, which is no doubt the norm. $20 seems like a deal to me [8D]

Actually, I’m saving a few bucks to buy weatherwatcher.com, on sale for $2,888.00. You don’t mind, do you? :wink:

quote:
Actually, I'm saving a few bucks to buy weatherwatcher.com, on sale for $2,888.00. You don't mind, do you? ;-)
[b]Dude[/b], do whatever floats your boat.
quote:
Ask your girlfriend, she knows... ;-)
Did it ever occur to you that you are wasting your time in my forum because you are compensating for something else... like your personality, lack of technical skills, etc. Maybe you should just call me up and let me know how you really feel? It might save you some time in the longrun.
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Dude[/i]
Actually, I'm saving a few bucks to buy weatherwatcher.com, on sale for $2,888.00. You don't mind, do you? ;-)
You sound like a wise investor. It was a lot less a year ago.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by EdP[/i]
Wow!!!

While your ISP may not be blocking servers they may be using a DNS server that isn’t current. Sites sometime change IP addresses and can be offline to areas until the DNS servers get updated. This usually doesn’t take more than 3 days.

weather.com has been upgrading their service options over the past several months and it’s possible the DNS server your ISP is using, or is using for your IP address range, is offline or out of date. Have them check their servers.

Also SkyZip, please, upgrade your wife’s pc to SP2. [:)]

The DNS thingy I also had in mind, but when I do a tracert or ping, I get the ip-address of weather.com, so that looks as if the DNS recognizes the correct website with corresponding ip-address.
And due to problems I had on several computers with sp2, I stick to sp1 for now :slight_smile:
On my own machine all my USB hardware was disabled, so I updated my USB 2.0 drivers, but that only helped a little, things like my philips camera never worked again eventhough I removed sp2.
While when I stick the camera in other computers, it still works.

I had more problems with sp2 than I ever had with ME :slight_smile:

Thanks for all the help EdP and Mike, but I have a feeling that “bad” people have done bad things to weather.com, and that they blocked my isp’s ip-range.
I changed one of my test-servers url’s to another server, and the DNS was updated in 48 hours, so that really doesnt seem the problem.

I know weather watcher rocks, but unfortunally I can’t use it at home I am afraid :frowning: