Newbie Alerts Questions

I just installed Weather Watcher 5.6.30. In general, I like what I see. However, I have a couple of questions about severe alerts.

1. What is the effect of filtering severe alerts? I set the severe alert options to filter “flood” (selected “Ignore alerts that include filtered words/phrases” and added the word “flood”), but I still see alerts related to floods. Does the filter just prevent those alerts from being displayed in the system tray balloon, or should all “flood” alerts be absent?

2. Is there any way to prioritize alerts? This evening, my area had both flood warnings and a tornado watch in effect at the same time, but only the flood warning was listed on the “current” page. I would consider the tornado watch more important. Of course, being able to filter out “flood” would solve the problem in this particular case, but filtering may not always be the best solution.

Thanks!

The filter can be used to customize the alerts so that you’re only notified about the alerts you want to see. I’ll do some testing and see if I can reproduce the issue that you described above.

No.

Thanks. I’ll check back later.