This applies to Windows 10x64 Pro Build 13682.175 V1903 will all software update-to-date. WWL was version 7.2.188. Here is the chain of events:
- Started up PC for the day.
- On reboot and WWL 7.2.188 was running for a few minutes, I did a right click on the WWL icon in the notification tray and “Check for New Version”.
- WWL 7.2.188 issued a message that 7.2.189 was available to install. I clicked on OK.
- The new installer killed WWL 7.2.188 and proceeded to install 7.2.189.
- The new WWL icon appeared on the desktop.
- The new updater installed 7.2.189 but then did not restart WWL to finish the installation. I waited a couple of minutes for the installation to continue.
- I manually restarted WWL.
- The “This may take a few minutes” and the change log appeared.
- The installation completed successfully.
- I confirmed that 7.2.189 is the current version.
Fluke or minor bug in new updater procedure? …which BTW is an awesome enhancement!
I tried this on my Dell XPS 15 (9575) 2in1 laptop and the exact same failure occurred.