missing parts

Went back today.

Opened Current.html in Netscape, the backgrounds displayed. Opened in IE the same problem. No indication of any error flags. Compared his Internet Security Local Zone and Advanced settings with mine. Found 3 not checked, I enabled them, rebooted, no difference. Verified the options were still set.

If I RIGHT click on eack of the 3 missing items the options for background are greyed out.

Ideas?

It sounds like you have it narrowed down to being a problem with IE. Try browsing around on some sites that you know use backgrounds in tables… see the same thing there?

Any in particular that you care to recommend?

And if the sites have the same problem then what?

I changed my display settings to match his, 800x600 and 120 DPI, to see if that might be a factor but it didn’t impact the images I see.

Have you ever heard of an antivirus setting that would effect background images? Or an antispyware pkg? The guy is a tinker, he follows Kim Komando’s column and orders her CDs so it could be something he set, somewhere.

No… I just wanted to see if it was IE or the Weather Watcher skin. The skin is using valid CSS, so I don’t think that could even be the issue.

This sounds more like a possibility. I just don’t know which settings to tell you to start with :-k

I had him use a webpage that I created that uses background table images and no CSS. In Netscape the page is fine, in IE no backgrounds. So it’s not a CSS problem, contrary to what I thought initially. :-s :???:

I had the exact same problem, missing parts/pieces. I have been using WW for many weeks with no problems at all until I made a lot of changes to make internet explorer more secure. I could open up the file in Firefox and it displayed just fine but I could not get it to display correctly in Internet Explorer. Have tried for 3 days to get it working and I have just found out what setting is causing the foul up with mine. In Internet Explorer, go to tools/internet options/security for the Internet Zone, click on custom level and scroll all the way down to the “scripting” section and make sure that “active scripting” is enabled. Sorry so long to explain, hope this helps.

Thanks compugeek. I’ll pass it on.