Map not showing in main window

This morning when I launched WWL, the map window was blank. I typed the map address in my browser
and the link was on longer valid. I was able to find the new link to the same map, and updated the link in “Map Image Link” settings.When I refreshed WWL, the map window was still blank.

In the right hand corner of the map window, clicking on the transparent arrow opens the map in a new web browser window correctly. Also, clicking on “maps” at the top of the main app, opens the map in the “Map Browse” correctly.

Here is the map address:.

Windows 10 Home Edition WWL 7.2.229

Did you have a URL entered in the “Map Image Link” setting when the map was broken? Or are you suggesting adding that URL resolved your issue?

Yes, I did have a URL entered in the “Map Image Link” setting when the map was broken. I added a new URL and it did not resolve issue.
New URL:
https://s.w-x.co/staticmaps/wu/wxtype/county_loc/law/animate.png

The problem is that map downloads as a PNG file, but is really in GIF format. That’s causing it to fail to load into Weather Watcher. You might run into similar issues when trying to use other animated maps.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I have found a suitable map available in the WWL maps manager listing.