Map Browser stuck in loading position

Hi Mike,

Thanks for all your work on what continues to be a solid weather program. I just wanted to alert you to something that I’ve been seeing and did not see posted earlier.

As the title indicates, when I choose the “Map Browser”, the windows opens but remains in a ‘loading’ position with the circle spinning indicating it’s trying to load the maps. It remains that way and does not load fully.

I made sure I had my java, shockwave, flash updated (not sure what the map browser uses).

Thanks for any help and keep up the good work …

– Paul

http://s12.postimage.org/o555x6ntl/Screen_Shot_WW.jpg

Thanks for the screenshot. I have a few questions for you:

1) Which version of Weather Watcher Live are you using? Right-click the system tray icon and choose “About Weather Watcher Live” to find the version.

2) Is the “Store user files in the Weather Watcher Live program folder” box checked in the “General” section of the Weather Watcher Live Options window? If so, uncheck that box and restart Weather Watcher Live.

Also, please email the following files to me at [email protected]:

C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\Maps.ww
C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\FavoriteMaps.ww
C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\HTML\MapBrowser.html
C:\Users[Username]\AppData\Roaming\WeatherWatcherLive\HTML\MapBrowser.ww

If you’re using an older version of Windows, these files might be located here:
C:\Documents and Settings[Username]\Application Data\WeatherWatcherLive

Hi Mike:

I checked the box for “Store user files in the Weather Watcher Live program folder” and restarted WWL and voila it worked.

Thanks for the tip and your help.

Regards,

• Paul

Hi Mike:

I am getting the stuck Map Browser again whether or not I have “Store User Files in the Weather Watcher Program Folder” checked or not.

Any ideas?

I have the latest version …

Thanks,

Paul

Paul333, please email the files above to me so I can check them out.